Salvia Forum

( Für Mitglieder: Zur Anmeldung | Für Gäste: Zur Registrierung )

8 Seiten « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »  
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> How Large Can Potted Salvia Plants Grow?, Does size matter?

post Nov 19 2007, 15:42
Beitragslink: #46

Salvinorin X

Gruppe: V.I.P.

wow! sweet (both, your flowering trees and the bird)

i thougt that humming birds are very shy, but now i know it better^^

Tobi

--------------------
Dieser Post fällt unter die "Freie Meinungsäußerung", und ich distanziere mich hiermit von allen Folgen die durch die durch Befolgung von Anleitungen oder durch die Anlehnung an meine Aussagen passieren.
Go to the top of the pageProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
post Nov 19 2007, 16:01
Beitragslink: #47

Salvia Kenner

Gruppe: Members
Aus: California USA

QUOTE(T0bias @ Nov 19 2007, 07:42)
wow! sweet (both, your flowering trees and the bird)

i thougt that humming birds are very shy, but now i know it better^^

Tobi

If you hold still they will be curious.

They don't get to look at people 'close up' any more than we get to look closely at them.

I've seen photos of people hand feeding hummingbirds before. Let me see if I can find and post a few of those.

http://www.abigailsings.com/hummingbirds/
Bild: http://www.abigailsings.com/hummingbirds/IMG_0881r-2-sm.jpg

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/gen/page1375.html
Bild: http://www.coasttocoastam.com/timages/page/hummingbirds032506a.jpg

A really hungry hummingbird doesn't care how many giants it must step on to be fed.

You MUST hold STILL so as not to scare them.

--------------------
+Quote Post
post Nov 24 2007, 08:15
Beitragslink: #48

Grünschnabel

I must say, im still very astonished by your care tending skills, and your respect for these plants.

I am a failed farmer, first time ever growing anything, and it didn't turn out to good, I really badly burned my plants, one I don't think is recoverable. It's been a few months, and one is just starting to grow leaves again.

The only successful growers I know use sunlight, but It's winter time here, and we get very little sunlight, and the window sills are just too cold for the plants.

I use flourescent lighting, a fan, and a 13 hour timer to keep the plants at 'full' growth potential. Any lighting advice? I use a multipurpose soil, part mulch to allow for a successful water drain.

Anyone recommend any advice? I've read all the growers manuals numerous times over through various websites, but im not satisfied, Im very much so jealous of sea mac sad.gif and I marvel at his wonderful creations. I wish my plants could look like that. I've been growing my plants since September, and they haven't much progressed, I think they are still recovering from that nutrition burn.

lif3

Der Beitrag wurde bearbeitet von lif3 am May 14 2008, 20:04 Uhr.
+Quote Post
post Dec 6 2007, 05:35
Beitragslink: #49

Grünschnabel

I think I killed the thread with my little remorse there tongue.gif.

Sorry about it tongue.gif.

Also, anyone name any good lighting or anything? seems that my plant rooted new roots because the other ones weren't supplying sufficient enough nutrients and such, due to nute burn.
Other soil was molded too, 48 hours and the surface was covered with a chalk like resin that seemed to be on top of the dirt.
So I got new soil, and transplanted them biggrin.gif.

But I still need some names of some high quality lights that you guys use!

lif3

Der Beitrag wurde bearbeitet von lif3 am May 14 2008, 20:04 Uhr.
+Quote Post
post Dec 28 2007, 06:07
Beitragslink: #50

Salvia Kenner

San Diego, CA. on December 25th, 2007
Bild: http://sageseeds.info/seeds2007/greenchristmasanim.gif
"Green Christmas 2007"

I'm in Shorts and Sandals on Christmas Day! HO-Ho-ho!

I should call it "Sun Diego": the 8 foot tall trees behind me are less than 11 months old! (Sally is one of my Favorite Trees!)

Happy 3rd day of Christmas! And now I have a nice Gift for you Windows users ...

http://softwaresanta.com/smf/index.php/topic,843.0.html

Portable Apps Suite - it's sweet!

Check out the rest of the presents ... http://softwaresanta.com

--------------------
+Quote Post
post Jan 5 2008, 13:24
Beitragslink: #51

Grünschnabel

wow I wish I could grow my plants outside the whole year (in my opinion the best way to keep plants). but unfortunately the climate warming isn't progressing that fast tongue.gif
your plants are really nice.
i hope that you don't get problems with the law, so on next christmas you can show a new picture with you building a tree-house in your sallies ^^
so (though it's a bit late...) happy new year back to california
greetings
alexx
+Quote Post
post Jan 8 2008, 06:21
Beitragslink: #52

Salvia Kenner

QUOTE(m-alexxx @ Jan 5 2008, 05:24)
wow I wish I could grow my plants outside the whole year (in my opinion the best way to keep plants). but unfortunately the climate warming isn't progressing that fast  tongue.gif
your plants are really nice.
i hope that you don't get problems with the law, so on next christmas you can show a new picture with you building a tree-house in your sallies ^^
so (though it's a bit late...) happy new year back to california
greetings
alexx

Thank You!

Now go get your presents: http://softwaresanta.com

--------------------
+Quote Post
post Jan 21 2008, 19:26
Beitragslink: #53

Salvia Kenner

Time for a few more pictures?

First: Super good News!

AB259 has been Amended! California is no Longer considering making
Salvia divinorum a Felony!
Monday the 7th of Jan 2008: AB259 had it's wording changed!

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/07-08/bill/a...ed_asm_v97.html

"LEGISLATIVE COUNSEL'S DIGEST:

AB 259, as amended, Adams.

Under existing law, the sale or distribution of specified
intoxicating substances is a crime, punishable by imprisonment or a
fine.
   This bill would make the sale or distribution of Salvia divinorum
or Salvinorin A, or any substance or material containing Salvia
divinorum or Salvinorin A, to any person under 18 years of age a
misdemeanor, punishable by imprisonment in a county jail for not more
than 6 months, by a fine of no more than $1,000, or both.
   Because this bill would create a new crime  , it would impose  a
state-mandated local program.
   The California Constitution requires the state to reimburse local
agencies and school districts for certain costs mandated by the
state. Statutory provisions establish procedures for making that
reimbursement.
   This bill would provide that no reimbursement is required by this
act for a specified reason.
   Vote: majority. Appropriation: no. Fiscal committee: yes.
State-mandated local program: yes.

THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA DO ENACT AS FOLLOWS:

SECTION 1.    Section 379 is added to the
Penal Code   , to read:
   379.  Every person who sells, dispenses, distributes, furnishes,
administers, gives, or offers to sell, dispense, distribute, furnish,
administer, or give Salvia divinorum or Salvinorin A, or any
substance or material containing Salvia divinorum or Salvinorin A, to
any person who is less than 18 years of age, is guilty of a
misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding
six months, or by a fine not exceeding one thousand dollars
($1,000), or by both that fine and imprisonment.
   SEC. 2.    No reimbursement is required by this act
pursuant to Section 6 of Article XIII B of the California
Constitution because the only costs that may be incurred by a local
agency or school district will be incurred because this act creates a
new crime or infraction, eliminates a crime or infraction, or
changes the penalty for a crime or infraction, within the meaning of
Section 17556 of the Government Code, or changes the definition of a
crime within the meaning of Section 6 of Article XIII B of the
California Constitution.  "

Now not to be a felony to touch Salvia divinorum in California OR Maine!

All the plants clapped their hands when I told them they were to be spared the Ax ....
mrgreen.gif

November 23rd 2007:
Bild: http://seamac.info/cupboard/garage/garden/200711/20071123sally.gif

In December a storm blew 4 tall plants over:
Bild: http://www.salviasource.org/images/gallery/1010.jpg

3 of them from the other angle (After I picked Sally back up)
Bild: http://www.salviasource.org/images/gallery/1011.jpg

And a week ago I'm standing under a Salvia divinorum shade tree:
Bild: http://www.salviasource.org/images/gallery/1046.jpg

PS Salvia Plants cannot hold up a birdhouse - not even if you grow them for 10 years! mrgreen.gif I have watched them bend down under the extra weight of a hummingbird!

Do NOT hold your breath waiting for photos of a Salvia treehouse. Or birdhouse ... biggrin.gif

I refuse to "Photoshop Enhance" anything on me or in my garden. It shall be shown as Nature made it. devil.png

Der Beitrag wurde bearbeitet von Sea Mac am Jan 21 2008, 19:35 Uhr.

--------------------
+Quote Post
post Werbung:
Beitragslink: #0
werbung_avatar

Werbefachmann ;-)

Gruppe: Sponsoren

--------------------

Hinweis: Bitte die jeweilige Gesetzgebung in deinem Land beachten!

"All advertising advertises advertising." ~ Marshall McLuhan
+Quote Post
post Jan 22 2008, 23:23
Beitragslink: #54

Salvia Kenner

This is off topic but it's too cool not to Share.

How fast can you drive or fly for Free? Very fast, as it turns out, with T.O.R.C.S. or Flight Gear!

How many of you would like to train for Formula One Racing? Did you ever have the urge to slip into a powerful racing machine and become one with it?

Software Santa's got your Number!

http://softwaresanta.com/smf/index.php/top...msg911.html#new

The Open Racing Car Simulator. TORCS is a multi platform car racing simulation for Modern Systems

Bild: http://www.berniw.org/trb/images/screenshots/201.jpg

A Software Santa PICK! Another COOL Toy from Source Forge!

The Open Racing Car Simulator. TORCS is a highly portable multi platform car racing simulation. It is used as ordinary car racing game, as AI racing game and as research platform. It runs on Linux (x86, AMD64 and PPC), FreeBSD, MacOSX and Windows. The source code of TORCS is licensed under the GPL ("Open Source"). You find more information about the project in the menu bar on the left. If you need help have a look at the FAQ first. You can contact us on the torcs-users mailing list (you need to subscribe to use it because of spam).

There are various sites on the Internet dedicated to TORCS with additional content (cars, tracks, documentation, patches, etc.) so load 'em up!

On Window it requires at least an i686 compatible CPU to run. On Mac OS X it requires 10.3.9 or later to run.

TORCS, The Open Racing Car Simulator is a highly portable multi platform car racing simulation. It is used as ordinary car racing game, as AI racing game and as research platform. It runs on Linux (x86, AMD64 and PPC), FreeBSD, MacOSX and Windows. The source code of TORCS is licensed under the GPL ("Open Source"). You find more information about the project in the menu bar on the left. If you need help have a look at the FAQ first. You can contact us on the torcs-users mailing list (you need to subscribe to use it).

TORCS features more than 50 different cars, more than 20 tracks, and 50 opponents to race against. Your can steer with a joystick or steering wheel, if the device is supported by your platform. It is also possible to drive with the mouse or the keyboard. Graphic features lighting, smoke, skidmarks and glowing brake disks. The simulation features a simple damage model, collisions, tire and wheel properties (springs, dampers, stiffness, ...), aerodynamics (ground effect, spoilers, ...) and much more. The gameplay allows different types of races from the simple practice session up to the championship. Enjoy racing against your friends in the split screen mode with up to four human players.

TORCS was initially written by Eric Espié and Christophe Guionneau, substantial parts have been added by other contributors (have a look into the "Credits" section for details). The TORCS source code is licensed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL), most of the artwork is licensed under the Free Art License, have a look into the packages for details about copyright holders and the licensing.

The next big development goal is an online racing mode.

Burn up the Course: Hear the Engine scream behind you like a maddened beast!

And if you go *SMACK* into a wall you get up out of your chair and go get another beer biggrin.gif

Futzin with the Yaw axis alone bores you to tears, you say??

OK, I'll Toss in wild gyrations on the pitch and roll axises at no extra charge as

You take to the Skies in your new Fighter Jet!

http://softwaresanta.com/smf/index.php/topic,8.0.html

Flight Gear is an Open Source FREE Flight Simulator! Windows / Mac OS X / LINUX / BSD / Solaris / SGI Systems (That's MOST of YOU!)

quote:Want to have a free flight? Take FlightGear!

Yet Another Flight Simulator?

Did you ever want to fly a plane yourself, but lacked the money or ability to do so? Are you a real pilot looking to improve your skills without having to take off? Do you want to try some dangerous maneuvers without risking your life? Or do you just want to have fun with a more serious game without any violence? If any of these questions apply to you, PC flight simulators are just for you.

You may already have some experience using Microsoft’s © Flight Simulator or any other of the commercially available PC flight simulators. As the price tag of those is usually within the $50 range, buying one of them should not be a serious problem given that running any serious PC flight simulator requires PC hardware within the $1500 range, despite dropping prices.

With so many commercially available flight simulators, why would we spend thousands of hours of programming and design work to build a free flight simulator? Well, there are many reasons, but here are the major ones:

* All of the commercial simulators have a serious drawback: they are made by a small group of developers defining their properties according to what is important to them and providing limited interfaces to end users. Anyone who has ever tried to contact a commercial developer would agree that getting your voice heard in that environment is a major challenge. In contrast, FlightGear is designed by the people and for the people with everything out in the open.

* Commercial simulators are usually a compromise of features and usability. Most commercial developers want to be able to serve a broad segment of the population, including serious pilots, beginners, and even casual gamers. In reality the result is always a compromise due to deadlines and funding. As FlightGear is free and open, there is no need for such a compromise. We have no publisher breathing down our necks, and we’re all volunteers that make our own deadlines. We are also at liberty to support markets that no commercial developer would consider viable, like the scientific research community.

* Due to their closed-source nature, commercial simulators keep developers with excellent ideas and skills from contributing to the products. With FlightGear, developers of all skill levels and ideas have the potential to make a huge impact on the project. Contributing to a project as large and complex as FlightGear is very rewarding and provides the developers with a great deal of pride in knowing that we are shaping the future of a great simulator.

* Beyond everything else, it’s just plain fun! I suppose you could compare us to real pilots that build kit-planes or scratch-builts. Sure, we can go out a buy a pre-built aircraft, but there’s just something special about building one yourself.

The points mentioned above form the basis of why we created FlightGear. With those motivations in mind, we have set out to create a high-quality flight simulator that aims to be a civilian, multi-platform, open, user-supported, and user-extensible platform. Let us take a closer look at each of these characteristics:

* Civilian: The project is primarily aimed at civilian flight simulation. It should be appropriate for simulating general aviation as well as civilian aircraft. Our long-term goal is to have FlightGear FAA-approved as a flight training device. To the disappointment of some users, it is currently not a combat simulator; however, these features are not explicitly excluded. We just have not had a developer that was seriously interested in systems necessary for combat simulation.

* Multi-platform: The developers are attempting to keep the code as platform-independent as possible. This is based on their observation that people interested in flight simulations run quite a variety of computer hardware and operating systems. The present code supports the following Operating Systems:

o Linux (any distribution and platform),
        o Windows NT/2000/XP (Intel/AMD platform),
        o Windows 95/98/ME,
        o BSD UNIX,
        o SGI IRIX,
        o Sun-OS,
        o Macintosh.

At present, there is no known flight simulator – commercial or free – supporting such a broad range of platforms.

* Open: The project is not restricted to a static or elite cadre of developers. Anyone who feels they are able to contribute is most welcome. The code (including documentation) is copyrighted under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL).

The GPL is often misunderstood. In simple terms it states that you can copy and freely distribute the program(s) so licensed. You can modify them if you like and even charge as much money as want to for the distribution of the modified or original program. However, you must freely provide the entire source code to anyone who wants it, and it must retain the original copyrights. In short:

”You can do anything with the software except make it non-free”.

The full text of the GPL can be obtained from the FlightGear source code or from

http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html.

* User-supported and user-extensible: Unlike most commercial simulators, FlightGear’s scenery and aircraft formats, internal variables, APIs, and everything else are user accessible and documented from the beginning. Even without any explicit development documentation (which naturally has to be written at some point), one can always go to the source code to see how something works. It is the goal of the developers to build a basic engine to which scenery designers, panel engineers, maybe adventure or ATC routine writers, sound artists, and others can build upon. It is our hope that the project, including the developers and end users, will benefit from the creativity and ideas of the hundreds of talented “simmers” around the world.

Without doubt, the success of the Linux project, initiated by Linus Torvalds, inspired several of the developers. Not only has Linux shown that distributed development of highly sophisticated software projects over the Internet is possible, it has also proven that such an effort can surpass the level of quality of competing commercial products.

Here I am tooling along in my de Havilland Beaver towards downtown San Diego:
Bild: http://www.salviasource.org/images/gallery/1044.jpg

Learn to FLY! SOAR FREE and HIGH!

And if you go *SMACK* into a mountain you get up out of your chair and go get another beer mrgreen.gif

But money can't buy you a finer commercial Flight, or Racing, Simulator ... with all the Bells and whistles!

I'm having more than the legal limit of fun with these kick ass rides: I've got to share the wealth 'fore I kasplode ... !

--------------------
+Quote Post
post Feb 3 2008, 06:19
Beitragslink: #55

Salvia Kenner

Groundhog's day 2008: 4 of the Giant plants that kept blowing over got upgrades to 16" pots in the last 2 weeks and now stand firm in high winds.

I needed the Money so I thought I'd climb Sally up to the Giant's Castle for some golden eggs ...
Bild: http://seamac.info/cupboard/garage/garden/200802/20080202giantsally.gif

Notice that the 3 central plants are 1 year and 2 days old: see how tall above that 6 foot fence they are growing? Sweetie (Sw003) near my elbow, Sally (Sw004) I'm climbing, and Sammy (Sw005) left of sweetie in the corner of the wooden fence, were all cut from Calvin (C3) on the evening of Jan 31st 2007. They were helpless little sticks - I raised them all from little sticks! Part of Calvin can be seen on the right side ... mrgreen.gif

I Measured Sally at 8 feet above dirt level in her first year of Growth: TEN Feet tall Above the sidewalk! Everyone bets that these plants will stop growing taller eventually but notice you can't see all of Sally's top ....

They will grow as tall as the support poles I tie them to. If I could find 16 foot poles to tie them to they would be that high by next winter.

Der Beitrag wurde bearbeitet von Sea Mac am Feb 3 2008, 06:52 Uhr.

--------------------
+Quote Post
post Feb 3 2008, 11:42
Beitragslink: #56

Salvia Kenner

Aus: Tschechien

Amazing.
How are the new strains going? I mean MoonMaiden and Aquarian. :-)
Greetings from Germany where the days grow short for salvia ;(

--------------------
user posted image
QUOTE(Mantrid @ Feb 12 2008, 00:56)
Der Mensch kann sich halt an alles gewöhnen, Leid, Tod, Gebrechen, Krieg, Siechtum... aber MediaMarkt/Saturn... niemals. Normal ist das nicht!

+Quote Post
post Feb 7 2008, 07:46
Beitragslink: #57

Salvia Kenner

QUOTE(Arphen @ Feb 3 2008, 03:42)
Amazing.
How are the new strains going? I mean MoonMaiden and Aquarian. :-)
Greetings from Germany where the days grow short for salvia ;(

Moon Maiden I have one tiny 4 inch plant.

Phoenix and Aquarian I have 2 "Foot Tall" Plants of each strain and will soon be making cuttings of those two strains.

Der Beitrag wurde bearbeitet von Sea Mac am Feb 7 2008, 19:45 Uhr.

--------------------
+Quote Post
post Feb 14 2008, 10:53
Beitragslink: #58

Salvia Kenner

Feb 8th and 9th, 2007:
Bild: http://seamac.info/cupboard/garage/garden/200802/20080208upskirt.gif
the night of the 8th the old tarp is removed And I try to see the top of "Sally" ...

Bild: http://seamac.info/cupboard/darkroom/upgrades/20080209notarp.gif
in the morning - the old broken Tarp is Removed

Later that day new Tarps are up:
Bild: http://seamac.info/cupboard/darkroom/upgrades/20080209tarp.gif
We know if you support their stems potted Salvia divinorum plants can grow AT LEAST 8 feet tall!

I'm pretty sure they do NOT intend to stop growing when they hit the roof line so I expect them to reach 12 feet tall!

I hope the German government does Not take this sacred plant away from you!

Der Beitrag wurde bearbeitet von Sea Mac am Feb 14 2008, 11:11 Uhr.

--------------------
+Quote Post
post Feb 24 2008, 22:52
Beitragslink: #59

Salvia Kenner

Another Photo:
Bild: http://www.salviasource.org/images/gallery/1257.jpg
As high as the roof at least ...

--------------------
+Quote Post
hogie
post Feb 24 2008, 23:31
Beitragslink: #60

Unregistered

QUOTE(Sea Mac @ Feb 14 2008, 10:53)
I hope the German government does Not take this sacred plant away from you![/size][/color][/font]

Salvia D. ist already lost in Germany. byecry.gif
The legal state in the future will be the same as for heroine and cocaine. That salvia is a very interesting plant for pharmacological use, is ignored by the government.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

8 Seiten « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

37 Besucher zu diesem Thema (Gäste: 37 | Anonyme Besucher: 0)
Mitglieder: 0 |

stats
Aktuelles Datum: 28th March 2024 - 14:24

Linux powered Lighttpd Wir respektieren deine Privatsphäre. Keine IP-Speicherung! Stoppt die Vorratsdatenspeicherung!