Salvia Forum

( Für Mitglieder: Zur Anmeldung | Für Gäste: Zur Registrierung )

6 Seiten « < 3 4 5 6 > 
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Growing Your Own Salvia Divinorum Seeds: A Guide.

post Sep 18 2007, 16:48
Beitragslink: #61

Salvia Kenner

Gruppe: Members
Aus: California USA

QUOTE(ADNA @ Jul 15 2007, 01:48)
One question:
Do you smoke the leaves?
Or are you just growing.

(Meine Fresse ist mein Englisch schlecht^^)

FG

I used to smoke them: now I use "Purple Sticky Salvia" brand extracts (their strongest ones) and just enjoy talking to the plants and growing them.

These plants are not afraid I'm going to come along and just pick something off of them ... They know I will ask, first, with tears in my eyes, if I may have a piece of them.

mrgreen.gif cool.gif mrgreen.gif

I am very resistant to Salvia's effects ... but yet I fell under her spell.

--------------------
Go to the top of the pageProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
post Sep 18 2007, 17:41
Beitragslink: #62

Salvinorin X

Gruppe: V.I.P.

Their strongest ones... if i understand in the right way, is ist a extract with 160mg per gram leafes? the one for $52.99 - $96.99? isn't that kind of kind of really strong?

--------------------
Dieser Post fällt unter die "Freie Meinungsäußerung", und ich distanziere mich hiermit von allen Folgen die durch die durch Befolgung von Anleitungen oder durch die Anlehnung an meine Aussagen passieren.
+Quote Post
post Sep 18 2007, 22:26
Beitragslink: #63

Spiderpig

Hi Mac. I see that you have found the size Button. I`m so happy to see your Posts in the way that is characteristical for you.
----To write in Blue use the -farbe Button, that means color. ----

QUOTE(T0bias)
Their strongest ones... if i understand in the right way, is ist a extract with 160mg per gram leafes? the one for $52.99 - $96.99? isn't that kind of kind of really strong?

If this Extract has 160 mg/g it is a 64x Extract in our German System. Thats hard core.

But I don`t understand the description on purplestickysalvia.com.

QUOTE(purplestickysalvia)
160 AtomiX Salvia Extract
ITEM NO. SAL160
Purple Sticky's 160 AtomiX Salvia Extract!!!This is a standardized extract of salvia divinorum. There is 160mg of pure Salvinorum-A in this package

They offer 1/2g and 1g packages. If the 160mg is in the 1/2g package, then it will be a 128x Extract and this is sick. russian_roulette.gif

QUOTE(Mac)

Unbelievable, the best and most famous Sally Grower in the world is resistant to the Sally effects. What an irony. huh.gif

I need 0,8g of dry leaves to beam me up into a situation out of time and space.

I think that you are an excellent expert in SD and so its needless to discuss the "beginner Problem" here with you, but anyway. How do you smoke your Sally?
I know from Youtube and other sites that in USA a lot of People smoke Sally with a cheap Crack Pipe. That does not work. Only a good Bong will beam you into the Delta quadrant.

--------------------
Be fucking nice
+Quote Post
post Sep 19 2007, 03:16
Beitragslink: #64

Salvia Kenner

QUOTE(Dingo @ Sep 18 2007, 14:26)
Hi Mac. I see that you have found the size Button. I`m so happy to see your Posts in the way that is characteristical for you.
----To write in Blue use the -farbe Button, that means color. ----

I know: I'm just not in my blue period anymore (even this font is colored "Navy Blue", see?) ... and the fact that I'm posting in this style across forums only means my madness is spreading and getting worse!

QUOTE(T0bias)

If this Extract has 160 mg/g it is a 64x Extract in our German System. Thats hard core.

But I don`t understand the description on purplestickysalvia.com.

QUOTE(purplestickysalvia)
160 AtomiX Salvia Extract
ITEM NO. SAL160
Purple Sticky's 160 AtomiX Salvia Extract!!!This is a standardized extract of salvia divinorum. There is 160mg of pure Salvinorum-A in this package

They offer 1/2g and 1g packages. If the 160mg is in the 1/2g package, then it will be a 128x Extract and this is sick. russian_roulette.gif
No: I buy a half a gram of 160 Mg/Gm so I only get 80 Mg in one little box. (I get it at a big discount: I guess I'm well liked!) Yeah, It's wicked stuff! mrgreen.gif Even I feel it ...

QUOTE(Mac)

Unbelievable, the best and most famous Sally Grower in the world is resistant to the Sally effects. What an irony. huh.gif
You said it! It's disgusting, that's what it is!
Sometimes I feel that I'll never get beamed up ... Bild: http://www.salvia-community.net/style_images/1/folder_post_icons/icon12.gif

I need 0,8g of dry leaves to beam me up into a situation out of time and space.

I think that you are an excellent expert in SD and so its needless to discuss the "beginner Problem" here with you, but anyway. How do you smoke your Sally?
I know from Youtube and other sites that in USA a lot of People smoke Sally with a cheap Crack Pipe. That does not work. Only a good Bong will beam you into the Delta quadrant.

I have a bong - but for 40X (64X your scale) I use a regular metal and wood pipe with a screen in the bowl.

Suppose I don't feel like using any of the fonts or colors on your lists? What should I do then?

Oh, Wait ... None of the fonts or colors I used are ON your lists! At least, not on Macintosh computers (with Firefox) - I don't know how this looks on Windows computers, you guys may not have the same fonts I do. laugh.gif bye.gif biggrin.gif cool.gif

Der Beitrag wurde bearbeitet von Sea Mac am Sep 20 2007, 17:48 Uhr.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Surak
post Sep 29 2007, 03:27
Beitragslink: #65

Unregistered

Whoa!!! This is the first time I'm having a look at this international thread of SALVIA-COMMUNITY.net, but I never would have dreamed of all this amazing information Sea Mac has provided us with. Thank you very much! smile.gif

So far I haven't yet had a look at all those sites you mentioned above, Sea Mac, but I can assure you I will as soon as possible. I never thought it might be possible to get seeds from a salvia divinorum plant at all - let alone easily, as you seem to be suggesting. ohmy.gif

Unfortunately, as some of us have told you already, strains other than Wasson-Hofmann are almost impossible to obtain here in Europe. It might be possible to find very few proud owners of Blosser-clones, but that might be all we could ever have to offer to add to the genetic pool of the Wasson-Hofmann.

w00t.png Those salvia-trees of yours are truely amazing. I never thought something like that existed anywhere in the world. I understand you live in a climate without frost in winter? Lucky you! king.gif

Do not worry too much about that language barrier, because most Germans speak English anyway. (Well - more or less, as you must have found out already...)
Besides, I used to be an English teacher and I am glad to offer my humble services in any cases of severe communicative difficulties, so do not hesitate to contact me. (It may take me a while to reply sometimes though, but sooner or later I always will.) bye.gif

I must admit I am very interested in obtaining some of those seeds they are offering on that website, but I suppose it might be difficult to figure out working and affordable shipping and payment conditions for us here in Germany? (We tend to pay for things by bank transfer or cash; credit cards are rather uncommon here, you know?)

Well, I just came across this thread because I wasn't able to sleep this night, but now it is a quarter past four here in Germany and I am definitely going to bed now.

So bye for now and best wishes,

Surak
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post Sep 30 2007, 00:57
Beitragslink: #66

Salvia Kenner

QUOTE(Surak @ Sep 28 2007, 19:27)
Whoa!!! This is the first time I'm having a look at this international thread of SALVIA-COMMUNITY.net, but I never would have dreamed of all this amazing information Sea Mac has provided us with. Thank you very much! smile.gif

You are Welcome. I'm glad I could be of service.  

So far I haven't yet had a look at all those sites you mentioned above, Sea Mac, but I can assure you I will as soon as possible. I never thought it might be possible to get seeds from a salvia divinorum plant at all - let alone easily, as you seem to be suggesting.  ohmy.gif

Everyone that I have heard of hand pollinating has gotten some seeds. Mr. Valdes, Myself, and "Jupe" are the only 3 people I've heard of that hand pollinated.  Mr. Valdes got his in 1980  http://www.sagewisdom.org/valdes87.html (Figure 3) - I got seeds easily in 2006, and Jupe got his in 2007 following my online guide.  http://members.cox.net/sageseeds/  

Unfortunately, as some of us have told you already, strains other than Wasson-Hofmann are almost impossible to obtain here in Europe. It might be possible to find very few proud owners of Blosser-clones, but that might be all we could ever have to offer to add to the genetic pool of the Wasson-Hofmann.

I have 2 new Strains in my Garden now: http://www.salviasource.org/forum/index.php?topic=683.0  These are cuttings from seed raised plants (Mr. Siebert in Malibu grew them).   

w00t.png Those salvia-trees of yours are truely amazing. I never thought something like that existed anywhere in the world. I understand you live in a climate without frost in winter? Lucky you!  king.gif

Yes: San Diego is warm enough that Salvia can be grown outdoors all year around.  

Do not worry too much about that language barrier, because most Germans speak English anyway. (Well - more or less, as you must have found out already...)
Besides, I used to be an English teacher and I am glad to offer my humble services in any cases of severe communicative difficulties, so do not hesitate to contact me. (It may take me a while to reply sometimes though, but sooner or later I always will.)  bye.gif

I must admit I am very interested in obtaining some of those seeds they are offering on that website, but I suppose it might be difficult to figure out working and affordable shipping and payment conditions for us here in Germany? (We tend to pay for things by bank transfer or cash; credit cards are rather uncommon here, you know?)  Sorry: no Seeds are available.  

Well, I just came across this thread because I wasn't able to sleep this night, but now it is a quarter past four here in Germany and I am definitely going to bed now.

So bye for now and best wishes,

Surak

--------------------
+Quote Post
post Oct 25 2007, 17:42
Beitragslink: #67

Grünschnabel

QUOTE(Sea Mac @ Sep 18 2007, 16:48)
I used to smoke them: now I use "Purple Sticky Salvia" brand extracts (their strongest ones) and just enjoy talking to the plants and growing them.

I have heard a lot of negative responses about "Purple Sticky". They claim that their extract is stronger than it really is, and is way overpriced. Perhaps you should try some other brand, and see how they compare?
+Quote Post
post Oct 25 2007, 23:42
Beitragslink: #68

Salvia Kenner

QUOTE(mizuno @ Oct 25 2007, 09:42)
QUOTE(Sea Mac @ Sep 18 2007, 16:48)

I have heard a lot of negative responses about "Purple Sticky". They claim that their extract is stronger than it really is, and is way overpriced. Perhaps you should try some other brand, and see how they compare?

Bear in mind that the only thing that degrades Salvinorin A is Ultraviolet {UV} light. Any company that knows about this packs their product in UV Light proof containers (or light proof containers period). Hence the rich violet box of "Purple Sticky" (PSS for Short) gives them a shelf life of DECADES for their products. The ONLY people I, Personally, have heard bitching about PSS have been their competitors!

The following brands of Extracts are not as good in quality as their equivalent Purple Sticky strengths (In Mg/G of Salvinorin A):

Holy Smoke / Mazatec Gardens / I-am-shaman / Salvia Buyers Club / and Salvia Supply* : I know because I have personally tested (at least) these brands in the last 3 1/2 years.

*Salvia Supply 20X standardized is just about as good as PSS 20X standardized. (And you thought PSS was overpriced!) And when I found out they wanted $40 a gram for SHIPPING (PLUS whatever ridiculous rate they are charging now for 20X ... ) - I told them to stick it where the sun doesn't shine! Really! Because they use clear plastic baggies and no overwrap and the typical shelf life on the counter in the head shop is months (if that) ...

And I've tried a couple of different brands of Tinctures and I Like Daniel Siebert's "Sage Goddess Emerald Essence" the best. (In an UV Light proof bottle, of course)

I would buy Salvia again from "PSS", 4 Winds Botanicals, Daniel Siebert, I-AM-Shaman, and Mazatec Gardens without hesitation.

Very good quality and customer service, all.

If you see Salvia packaged in clear packaging they just don't care. After the head shop owners (Or you) buy it the degrading potency is YOUR problem.

(And Purple Sticky is STILL My Favorite after 3 1/2 years ... )

Der Beitrag wurde bearbeitet von Sea Mac am Oct 25 2007, 23:55 Uhr.

--------------------
+Quote Post
post Werbung:
Beitragslink: #0
werbung_avatar

Werbefachmann ;-)

Gruppe: Sponsoren

--------------------

Hinweis: Bitte die jeweilige Gesetzgebung in deinem Land beachten!

"All advertising advertises advertising." ~ Marshall McLuhan
+Quote Post
post Oct 26 2007, 00:10
Beitragslink: #69

Spiderpig

QUOTE(Sea Mac)
Bear in mind that the only thing that degrades Salvinorin A is Ultraviolet {UV} light.

really?
I have never heard some thing about this. I thought that Salvorin A is indestructible. I have Leaves here in an Envelope since Years and they are as potent as on the first day and Paper is not the best UV protection.

Oftopic

There are big Fires in California especially near San Diego. Do you have Problems or are you in danger?

--------------------
Be fucking nice
+Quote Post
post Oct 26 2007, 00:17
Beitragslink: #70

Salvia Kenner

QUOTE(Dingo @ Oct 25 2007, 16:10)
QUOTE(Sea Mac)
Bear in mind that the only thing that degrades Salvinorin A is Ultraviolet {UV} light.

really?
I have never heard some thing about this. I thought that Salvorin A is indestructible. I have Leaves here in an Envelope since Years and they are as potent as on the first day and Paper is not the best UV protection.

Oftopic

There are big Fires in California especially near San Diego. Do you have Problems or are you in danger?

Yeah, except for UV light Salvinorin A IS Indestructible ... leaves stored in a dark drawer or cupboard will last forever.

Thank you for asking ...

I'm in no danger and neither is Jupe or Daniel Siebert. But the Air is Very bad ... I hear my jungle of plants coughing out there ... mrgreen.gif

And Jupe reported dry black snow ... sick.png

Der Beitrag wurde bearbeitet von Sea Mac am Oct 26 2007, 00:19 Uhr.

--------------------
+Quote Post
post Oct 26 2007, 00:45
Beitragslink: #71

Salvianaut

I still ask myself why you don't make extracts yourself ... just solving some extracted black wax (or even cleaning it further) into grain alcohol to produce a tincture for example. There are a few guys on this board making their extracts without too much effort ... with the fantastic growth of your plants you wouldn't even need to pick anything off them but the leaves they drop anyway, and you'd still be left with (very) much more than you need.

I'm glad to hear that you and your Salvias are not endangered by the fires raging near you right now smile.gif

Glass

btw. your plants are just amazing, I don't know how many hours I spent sitting in front of your pictures laugh.gif

--------------------
döp!!!11!1 ¡klick mich fett!
QUOTE(erdbeertoertchen @ Jan 17 2011, 23:32)
wikileaks ist terror unso, weil es uns zwingt uns mit sachen auseinanderzusetzen vor denen uns hauptberufliche journalisten zu schützen versuchen.
+Quote Post
post Oct 26 2007, 00:57
Beitragslink: #72

Spiderpig

You must have a very green thumb when you can hear your Plants coughing.

Good to read that you (and the others) are ok. These Fires seems to be a giant
catastrophe. And now George B promised unbureaucratic assistance.

dizzy.png

Remember Katrina.

--------------------
Be fucking nice
+Quote Post
post Oct 26 2007, 01:16
Beitragslink: #73

Salvia Kenner

QUOTE(Glassmoon @ Oct 25 2007, 16:45)
I still ask myself why you don't make extracts yourself ... just solving some extracted black wax (or even cleaning it further) into grain alcohol to produce a tincture for example. There are a few guys on this board making their extracts without too much effort ... with the fantastic growth of your plants you wouldn't even need to pick anything off them but the leaves they drop anyway, and you'd still be left with (very) much more than you need.

I'm glad to hear that you and your Salvias are not endangered by the fires raging near you right now smile.gif

Glass

btw. your plants are just amazing, I don't know how many hours I spent sitting in front of your pictures  laugh.gif

I'll get around to it ... I have a LOT of bugs on the Salvia leaf that falls and I'm wondering what percent of Spider mites might be extracted along with the Salvinorin A.

I don't fancy insect chitin with my Salvinorin A ...

And many of the largest plants have been treated with STRONG Systemic Pesticides against beetle grubs: I consider ALL Those leaves as POISONOUS ... so I can't just rake up the inches of leaves under the forest and extract them ...

If there is a leaf on the ground in the middle of a circle of 3 potted plants and two of those plants took poison: should I trust that leaf fell from the one plant it is safe to smoke the leaves of?

Will the Pesticide residues also go with the solvent of choice?

No, I think ALL the hundreds of ignored leaves on the ground right now should be swept up and composted ... or trashed. Can't trust 'em ...

Well, be prepared to feast your eyes: My BIG Plants are all going to bloom for me and It's time to take many more interesting and informative photographs of this special time of year.

This means lots of new photographs ...

It's been a few weeks.

They didn't stop growing.

Sally and Sammy are over 8 feet tall now!

Here:
Bild: http://seamac.info/cupboard/garage/garden/200710/20071002sam.gif

Sammy is way out of my reach! He was born on Jan. 31st 2007 and 8 months later (Feb. - Sept.) needs repotting.

I'm dwarfed by large healthy Salvia shrubs!
Bild: http://seamac.info/cupboard/garage/garden/200710/20071002eastgarden.gif
Calvin grew into the tarp over him and got broken. There is a branch leaning against the wall up there and he's going for the gap between the tarp and the wall! He plans to colonize the roof area "Above the Jungle Canopy" with dozens of branches!

Sammy got bigger:

Bild: http://www.salviasource.org/images/gallery/725.jpg

And bigger:

Bild: http://www.salviasource.org/images/gallery/761.jpg

AND BIGGER ... (Flower spikes start!)

Bild: http://www.salviasource.org/images/gallery/776.jpg

Sneaky GIANT Plants!

Pictures to make your eyes water on their way ... Just wait awhile ....

--------------------
+Quote Post
post Nov 22 2007, 18:03
Beitragslink: #74

Salvia Kenner

My Grow your Seeds web page got updated: you can even subscribe to updates!

I haven't hand pollinated yet. These birds are busy doing it for me:

Bild: http://sageseeds.info/seeds2007/20071115hummingbirdcroppedhalf.jpg

Bild: http://sageseeds.info/seeds2007/20071118hummingbird03.jpg

Bild: http://sageseeds.info/seeds2007/20071118hummingbird04.jpg

Bild: http://sageseeds.info/seeds2007/20071118hummingbird05.jpg

And I saw the results starting up the other day:
Bild: http://sageseeds.info/seeds2007/20071120seeds.jpg

Looks like the hummingbird got Isabel 'knocked up' with just his tongue ... tongue.gif

If you guys have flowers now: you can HAND Pollinate them. Salvia sets seeds!

http://www.sagewisdom.org/valdes87.html See? Even HE got some (in the greenhouse)!

http://sageseeds.info/seeds2007/20071115hummingbird.jpg Is Too big to post ...

Der Beitrag wurde bearbeitet von Sea Mac am Nov 22 2007, 18:06 Uhr.

--------------------
+Quote Post
post Nov 29 2007, 21:38
Beitragslink: #75

Salvia Kenner

I Haven't hand pollinated any flowers this year.

The Anna's Hummingbird has been doing it regularly FOR Me.

Right after the flower falls out you will notice little green specks in the Calyx.
Bild: http://www.salviasource.org/images/gallery/876.jpg

A couple of weeks later, if the seeds are ripening, you'll see this:
Bild: http://www.salviasource.org/images/gallery/889.jpg

Bild: http://sageseeds.info/seeds2007/20071128cropped.jpg

Look Closely:
Bild: http://sageseeds.info/seeds2007/20071128closeup.jpg
A RARE Photograph of 'green' Salvia Seeds ripening in the Calyx ...

NOW You know what to look for on the plant.

Happy Gardening ...

--------------------
+Quote Post

6 Seiten « < 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

33 Besucher zu diesem Thema (Gäste: 33 | Anonyme Besucher: 0)
Mitglieder: 0 |

stats
Aktuelles Datum: 29th March 2024 - 07:19

Linux powered Lighttpd Wir respektieren deine Privatsphäre. Keine IP-Speicherung! Stoppt die Vorratsdatenspeicherung!