Salvia Forum

( Für Mitglieder: Zur Anmeldung | Für Gäste: Zur Registrierung )

6 Seiten < 1 2 3 4 5 > »  
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Growing Your Own Salvia Divinorum Seeds: A Guide.

post Nov 7 2006, 00:06
Beitragslink: #31

Salvia Kenner

Gruppe: Members
Aus: California USA

Neid0: I wish you good luck in trying for seeds. If you get flowers you can get seeds. It does not hurt to try .... The Plants in your Signature are Big enough to want to bloom: don't let the room lights keep them up at night or they will never bloom for you. (I hope you have seen the Flowers starting to form by now. My Friend Jupe in Santa Barbara has flowers already.) Speaking of JUPE - Master gardener that he IS: I know you will like looking at his Salvia Divinorum Garden!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/18011813@N00/...57594118070116/
HIS Plants are IN the EARTH and Cannot be Moved. They are Liking This a LOT: they have Escaped his Control!!!

Look UP:
Bild: http://static.flickr.com/24/62191370_9c13990839_b.jpg
Look WAY Up! The Bottoms of Salvia Leaves stare back down at YOU!
biggrin.gif

Crazy Cheese: the ONLY thing I can think of that prevents Blooming is Light interference at night.

this research paper http://www.sagewisdom.org/valdes87.html

Shows they forced short (Less than 0.5 Meter tall) plants to bloom just by making sure they only got 11 Hours of light. (My Experience is that WHENEVER the Dark period is longer than the light period she blooms.)

I have had a few other people ask me this. I have a Plan .....

Put your Plant away in a DARK Place like a Cupboard or Pantry or Broom Closet or Garage or Clothes Locker - Some place where temprature is no less than 40 degrees F. and it is entirely LIGHT Proof. Put it away at the same time every day no matter if it is Still Light outside and bring it out of its overnight 'sleeping mask' at the same time every day (Close to Dawn) so the plant can ONLY see light for 11 1/2 hours a day.

In a Couple of months you will see the signs of flower stalks preparing.

I have found it does not take very much man made light to upset them. Just looking at a Streetlight through the windows may keep them awake.

House lights are OK if only used for 2 Minutes at a Time not too many times a Night. Indoors can get a lot of light leakage from family areas: this is why Putting your plant in a DARK Closet is such a Genius Idea. Make SURE there is no light under closet door or around edges. It's OK to open closet to get shawl or Jacket and then turn off light and Close closet - that takes a minute.

And even if your plant grows slowly and it may take months to fully flower: as LONG as you are putting it Somewhere WARM and DARK 12 1/2 Hours a Day EACH DAY you TRICK the Plant to think it is Fall again (Still / Forever) and it will STAY Blooming all year around even in Summer! You will just Bring it in the same time as in the FALL (even lose an hour or two of growing time in the Summer) and it thinks it's in eternal winter.

If you see NO CHANGE in your plant within a Couple of Months you must "Reset" it by making it think summer is back. You put a light near it and give it a Couple EXTRA Hours of Light After your local sunset (In the living area is bright enough to keep it up late at night.) for about 6 weeks and let it have a "Summertime". Then you suddenly one day just start up with Solitaire Confinement in the afternoons again and blooming will be triggered.

I think you ARE Keeping your plant up late with outside Light from SOMEWHERE. It just isn't dark enough - that's the ONLY reason I know of that Salvia doesn't bloom in the Fall ....

If it's Cycle is still in 'Summertime & Growing' put it in a DARKENED Closet for two months at night WITHOUT Fail (You can only MISS one day ...) to make it feel like fall is here: it follows it's instincts and Flowers then.

Good Growing,

Carl McCall

If it is Dark enough (that you could trip over the plant not seeing it) already then it is a Mystery I do not know the Answer to.

Der Beitrag wurde bearbeitet von Sea Mac am Nov 7 2006, 16:19 Uhr.

--------------------
Go to the top of the pageProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
post Nov 7 2006, 16:39
Beitragslink: #32

Salvianaut

Hi!

Thanks a lot for the informations! But I'm 100% sure that there are (under the roof) no other light influences. Just daylight! There are no streetlamps (window side is to the garden)... mhh but today i found this at one plant:

Bild: http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/7527/knospecd4.th.jpg

Is this a small bud?

bye.gif

--------------------
Jede Generation erhält die Jugend die sie verdient hat.
+Quote Post
post Nov 7 2006, 17:27
Beitragslink: #33

Salvia Kenner

QUOTE(CC @ Nov 7 2006, 08:39)
Hi!

Thanks a lot for the informations! But I'm 100% sure that there are (under the roof) no other light influences. Just daylight! There are no streetlamps (window side is to the garden)... mhh but today i found this at one plant:

Bild: http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/7527/knospecd4.th.jpg

Is this a small bud?

bye.gif

YES! This is the VERY first Sign that Blooming has Begun! Smaller Plants Grow slower and The Sunlight is not as Strong in more northern Lattitudes so I will be at Least a Month before flower buds grow out of this.

What will happen now up until about Christmas time is this Thing Will stretch out into a LONG Stalk as it Grows and Along this Stalk (Called A Raceme) rings of Flower buds in 'layers' (Called Verticillasters) will develop.

The Growing Guide has Pictures of this Process you are now in.

Your Plant has "Signpost One" like mine did 3 weeks ago. Look to the Pictures on this page to see how things will develop: http://members.cox.net/sageseeds/

You may be the First recorded person in Germany to produce Salvia Divinorum Seeds & mail them to http://sagewisdom.org (he will sell them for you if you do not wish to grow them: he will confirm you are the first in Germany by inspecting them under his Microscope and Mail them back otherwise.)

Salvia Divinorum seeds are bigger than Poppy Seeds and Smaller than Sesame Seeds and are Dark Brown. You can get 1 to 4 Seeds (Usually 4) per flower that sets seeds. One of the things we DON'T Know about Salvia Divinorum is what percent of pollinated flowers SET Seeds so I invite you to keep track of how many you pollinated and How many eventually set seeds.

You DO have the BEGINNING of a Raceme there .... If it Grows fast enough it will bloom before winter is over ......

Happy Pollinating ...

Carl McCall

PS about that Closet: never mind. You'll ONLY want to trick her into 'Forever Winter' if you want her to bloom all year arond and Sell Seeds in the "off season". If your Plant Grows VERY Slowly it may take months before flowers appear (and by then the flower season will be over and she will quit unfinished) so you might want to think about tricking her if Spring is Coming and the Flowers aren't ready yet.

But now you know you plant is "NORMAL" and feels the natural urge all SALVIA DIVINORUM Plants feel in the northern hemisphere to BLOOM in the Fall. Watch this Thing on your Plant grow long and 'unwind' and develop rings of Buds and then Bloom for you: and Keep that Camera Handy!

Lucky You: the First thing before seeds is Flowers - the first thing before flowers is what you've got now ....

Der Beitrag wurde bearbeitet von Sea Mac am Nov 7 2006, 17:40 Uhr.

--------------------
+Quote Post
post Nov 7 2006, 21:11
Beitragslink: #34

Salvianaut

Aus: BW

yeah,CC!!!
thats very cool!!!
i hope my salvia will be blooming that way!!!
(next year^^)

peace
neid0
+Quote Post
post Nov 7 2006, 21:22
Beitragslink: #35

Salvia Kenner

QUOTE(neid0 @ Nov 7 2006, 13:11)
yeah,CC!!!
thats very cool!!!
i hope my salvia will be blooming that way!!!
(next year^^)

peace
neid0

I have a One foot tall Plant that is TRYING but it grows so Slowly it may flower in June rolleyes.gif

If you look at my Web page a cutting Started while it was in Water.

If you don't have interfering lights you should see a Bloom start TOO.

--------------------
+Quote Post
hogie
post Nov 7 2006, 23:35
Beitragslink: #36

Unregistered

This evening I was astonished, to see many plants they begin to flower. But under natural conditions it will be too cold for the plants during the next months to get viable seeds. There is the problem: Salvia plants only flower in unused rooms (because of the light cycle).
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post Nov 9 2006, 06:47
Beitragslink: #37

Salvia Kenner

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Today I looked out the Window and ONE of my Plants snuck 2 Flowers out of a Short Raceme. Surprise! They want to Bloom NOW! I thought not for another week at least.
I ran outside with my Camera. The Early Flowers are not ripe looking - they are small and the Calyx is still yellow green: not Purple yet.

Hogie: I'd like to see those flowers. If you Pollinate today you may get seeds in 24 days! Too soon for frost to kill them (3 weeks to ripen - If you start now you'll get a Few seeds from frost dead plants in a month.)

You can put an Electric Blanket around the pot to keep it from freezing and the Plant Dying before you get seeds from them. Even if your Plant dies you'll have seeds to grow new one with ....

cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif

I saw your pictures from last year: you COULD get some seeds if you try it this year. It won't cost you anything to try but a Few Extra Minutes a Day. I think you will be Successful but we will never know if you don't try.

CrazyCheese: you have a VERY good Chance to get ripe seeds before Chinese new years.

Neid0: you watch the growing ends of your Plants Carefully. You will see something NOT like Leaves coming out in weeks: UNLESS you have Lights Interfering with them at night. The Plants in your Signature will start to bloom before Christmas if all they get is Natural light - They ARE Big enough to Bloom THIS YEAR. I have 3 cuttings that were removed from the Same plant October 4th - 5th and had NO Sign of buds on them that put up Flower Stalks WHILE they were GROWING ROOTS in Mugs of Tap water!!!!! I'll have a 10 inch plant that will be over half Flower Stalk soon! If a Cutting will bloom then YOUR Plants can Too!

CC wanted to know WHY his Plants didn't bloom. Smaller Plants grow more Slowly: My Plants in the Yard are TREES in 20 - 24 inch pots and are Growing very Fast. There will be a Cascade of Flowers on Almost a Dozen Plants out there soon. HIS were only 3 Weeks behind mine because his are Smaller than Mine: that is all. I calculate any Plant 12 inches or taller that IS starting the Process now would be Able to bear fresh seeds before February.

CC: how tall is your plant(s)? Neid0 how big are yours? CC has the start of flower stalks and in a Couple of weeks may have a Surprise on his plants. After the Most of the Flower stem starts off (3 - 4 new flowers each day) blooming heavy you MAY AS WELL do the Extra Step of Pollinating while you have them. And then two weeks later when you see the seeds starting to ripen you'll do a Happy dance that you gave it a TRY. It is Fun to watch the Plant follow it's Instincts and it's genetic programming and More Fun to get ripe seeds. The Flowers smell like honeysuckle and taste like apples. Eat a freshly fallen one after you pollinate with it ..... YUM.

Carl

bye.gif bye.gif bye.gif bye.gif bye.gif bye.gif

Der Beitrag wurde bearbeitet von Sea Mac am Nov 13 2006, 20:36 Uhr.

--------------------
+Quote Post
post Nov 9 2006, 14:17
Beitragslink: #38

Salvianaut

Hi!

Today i inspected my plants.... i saw many new Buds! Now there are approx. 8 buds on different plants w00t.png w00t.png w00t.png w00t.png w00t.png small buds, but there are buds!My biggest plant is approx. 1,80m:
Bild: http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/9300/dsc00009zt8.th.jpg

but this one was not the first which starts to bloom. The first blooming plant is about 1,30m (twisted growing), this one:

Bild: http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/2120/dsc00011fv6.th.jpg

Bild: http://img334.imageshack.us/img334/9791/dsc00010hm1.th.jpg

The smallest plant which is blooming is about 60cm. Maybe the others will start to, we'll see:

Bild: http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/307/dsc00008yu7.th.jpg

So long!

Regards!

Der Beitrag wurde bearbeitet von AliceD am Nov 9 2006, 14:20 Uhr.

--------------------
+Quote Post
post Werbung:
Beitragslink: #0
werbung_avatar

Werbefachmann ;-)

Gruppe: Sponsoren

--------------------

Hinweis: Bitte die jeweilige Gesetzgebung in deinem Land beachten!

"All advertising advertises advertising." ~ Marshall McLuhan
+Quote Post
post Nov 9 2006, 14:35
Beitragslink: #39

Salvianaut

mh, about 7 inches rolleyes.gif

Der Beitrag wurde bearbeitet von neid0 am Nov 9 2006, 14:35 Uhr.
+Quote Post
post Nov 9 2006, 15:57
Beitragslink: #40

Salvia Kenner

Wow CC!

I looked at your Pictures I AM Very Impressed.

You have the Biggest Salvia Divinorum Garden in Germany (That I know of).

You WILL Get seeds from those Plants if you Pollinate: Plants that Big I call Salvia TREES. You are VERY Fortunate!

Neid0: do streetlights get through the windows and Keep your Plants awake at night? I see your Garden looks out over the Street (YOU have a Nice garden TOO).

Your Plants ARE Big enough to want to bloom if they ONLY get Natural Light. You'll know in a Month because your plants grow slower that CCs do. If Light is getting at them at night they won't bloom.

CC: I'm all excited for you. I was thrilled last year when I tried and my Plant gave me seeds. They say I'm the First in America to grow them outdoors. But ANYONE growing indoors can get seeds when their plants bloom: you will see how easy it is for yourself.

Then YOU will be a Famous Expert too! yahoo.gif success.gif good.gif

I Am very glad for you and Hogie: I wish you both to try and get seeds.

Your Friend, Carl McCall

--------------------
+Quote Post
post Nov 9 2006, 16:05
Beitragslink: #41

Salvianaut

there is no light! at night, a put the savia at a nother place
+Quote Post
post Nov 10 2006, 14:19
Beitragslink: #42

Salvia Kenner

Neid0: then your Plants will flower.

I know EVEN the Short Plants want to Bloom. When I cut this Branch off of the Plant on October 5th there was no Flowering AT ALL on it: it was JUST a Branch I put in a mug of water outside!
Bild: http://members.cox.net/sageseeds/acuttingbloomsd.jpg
See the roots? This was in Water 34 days and grew a Flower Stalk while it was growing roots! It was determined to Flower and it DIDN'T even have roots! Growing a Flower stalk was AS IMPORTANT as growing ROOTS to this Cutting.

Edited: (I Named this plant "Quarm" and it's growing bigger outside in a pot of dirt right now: but I think it has since changed it's mind about flowering.)

ALL you need are Plants / DARKNESS (Put in Closet at night) / and Time (Patience) and you will get Flowers.

Keep watching the ends of your Branches. Soon you should see flower signs.

bye.gif bye.gif bye.gif bye.gif bye.gif

Der Beitrag wurde bearbeitet von Sea Mac am Dec 24 2006, 18:32 Uhr.

--------------------
+Quote Post
post Dec 24 2006, 05:31
Beitragslink: #43

Salvia Kenner

Bild: http://members.cox.net/thegarden/picturefiles/68.jpg

--------------------
+Quote Post
post Dec 24 2006, 17:45
Beitragslink: #44

Salvianaut

Hey Mac,

Congratulation, they're awesome! How old are the plants now?

bye.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
post Dec 24 2006, 18:27
Beitragslink: #45

Salvia Kenner

Hi CC!

The big Plant in front of me was just a little stick I cut from my FIRST Salvia Plant on April 4th, 2005 at 1825 my time. I cut 3 Sticks that day - It was the First day I kept good records for my cuttings, too! All 3 sticks were put in separate glass mugs of tap water and left outside.

It was Later Potted in Dirt on April 24th 2005 at 1710.

So, as of the Date of that Photograph, December 22nd 2006 the Large plant in front of me was either 627 days old (If you count from when it was Removed from its mother plant) or 607 days old (If you only count from when it got put in dirt).

As of today, December 24th 2006 It has been growing in dirt outside in my yard non-stop for Exactly 20 Months. It has been an Independent plant for 629 days now.

The 2 other BIG plants were sometime in 2005: The one behind me was born on July 5th 2005 at about 1115, and the other big one was born on April 10th 2005 at about 1725. The two on the far end were born on February 4th 2006 this year.

biggrin.gif I have names for the 4 BIG Plants in the Picture. I AM in Love with my Plants and Talk to them out loud all the time.

So: I'm Crazy. crazy.gif crazy.gif crazy.gif crazy.gif I can't help it. I HAD my Pills this morning ....

Der Beitrag wurde bearbeitet von Sea Mac am Dec 24 2006, 18:44 Uhr.

--------------------
+Quote Post

6 Seiten < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

32 Besucher zu diesem Thema (Gäste: 32 | Anonyme Besucher: 0)
Mitglieder: 0 |

stats
Aktuelles Datum: 29th March 2024 - 16:11

Linux powered Lighttpd Wir respektieren deine Privatsphäre. Keine IP-Speicherung! Stoppt die Vorratsdatenspeicherung!