Salvia Forum

( Für Mitglieder: Zur Anmeldung | Für Gäste: Zur Registrierung )

2 Seiten  1 2 > 
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Tv Tells Us Germans What Laws To Make!, Germany is about to ban salvia research!

post Feb 13 2008, 08:40
Beitragslink: #1

Salvia Kenner

Gruppe: Members
Aus: California USA

Much to my disgust I read about Germany proposing Salvia be banned: I'll bet some German Journalist demanded that this harmless medicinal plant be banned as a dangerous addictive hallucinogen. Don't bother with the FACTS: Ban it before research can be conducted into it's medicinal value.

Germany should learn from the States of California and Maine how to treat it citizens. California and Maine admit there is no ongoing public health hazards associated with this plant: no record of emergency room visits, of overdoses, of public addictive behavior - like Salvia addicts mugging old ladies to get a 'fix'. There are considerably more repercussions to arresting gardeners and taxing the remaining taxpayers MORE to house the naughty gardeners for a long time - economic and social repercussions!

Read this Please: http://sagewisdom.org/lettertocsa.pdf

It has come to my attention that there have been a lot of ‘scare tactic’ stories on TV, and radio, and in the newspaper, about the evils and dangers of our kids smoking a hallucinogenic herb. I have seen articles stating that this is the most dangerous drug to come along since marijuana, and those claiming it is addictive. When did German legislators start believing everything they see on television? Television isn’t in it for the truth, television is in it for big ratings.

“Salvia Madness” looks like a tired rerun of “Reefer Madness” to me, and media sensationalism is a poor excuse for making felons out of tens of thousands of Law abiding Germans. I have seen mostly lies and disinformation being publicly spread about this misunderstood plant, and it’s time for the truth to be told about it.

I began researching this interesting and lovely plant over three and a half years ago, and in three years I have come to be considered one of California’s leading researchers into the botany of this unique plant. The truth is, when used by responsible adults in the privacy of their own homes, there is absolutely no harm in this plant.

In fact, this plant shows great potential for producing many NEW medicines, including: painkillers, new treatments for depression, diarrhea, mood disorders, Alzheimer’s disease, and a possible treatment for cocaine addiction. This plant is the world’s most powerful, natural, and safest aphrodisiac. This plant is also very ornamental and is grown by thousands of Germans: as well as being used as a religious sacrament by many.

There are many valid arguments against making Salvia Divinorum a Schedule I substance in Germany:

• Regular gardeners should not be made into felons. Even the state of Tennessee, in their Public Chapter Number 700, provided that “It would not be a criminal offense to possess, plant, cultivate, grow, or harvest Salvia divinorum for aesthetic, landscaping, or decorative purposes. Also, this amendment does not apply to any dosage that is legally obtainable from a retail establishment without a prescription when it is recognized by the FDA as a homeopathic drug.” Likewise, the states of Maine, California, and Georgia do not prohibit gardeners’ from landscaping with this plant.

• This plant has great potential therapeutic value. Recent research has indicated compounds in this plant may be the key to understanding and finally breaking the cycle of cocaine addiction. To attempt to ban the plant, in the name of the war on drugs, that could possibly be the means to ending the need for some of the war on drugs in the first place, would be the height of well meaning ignorance. If you ban further research with these plants, that might be key research in determining how to block the molecular pathways that cause cocaine addiction, you have only made the world a worse place to live in, and HINDERED yourselves in the war on drugs.

• This Plant is Non-Addictive. No one has ever died of an overdose. It is a natural healing sacrament with a long history of being used by spiritual seekers in religious settings. There should not be a law banning adults from choosing to use this plant as a religious sacrament. Just because you do not know anyone who goes to O Centro Espirita Beneficiente Uniao Do Vegetal (UDV) does not mean it is not a church. "The Religious Freedom Restoration Act was adopted by Congress to ensure that the government does not interfere with religious practices absent a compelling justification"

• There is a team of Doctors at the University of Iowa, under Dr. Thomas Prisinzano, with funding from the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), that are now studying salvinorin A and attempting to develop derivatives that could be useful for treating methamphetamine and cocaine dependence.

• The American Civil Liberties Union, with their Center for Cognitive Liberty and Ethics, has published a PDF Pamphlet explaining why Salvia Divinorum is not suitable for scheduling. http://www.cognitiveliberty.org/pdf/salvia_dea.pdf

• Germany does not have the millions or billions of extra enforcement funds to throw away by making citizens into criminals.

• Germany does not have the thousands of extra jail cells to put all these proposed new felons in. Germany will need to build new prisons to relieve overcrowding.

• For every German incarcerated for growing plants: Germany loses a taxpayer and must spend more Tax Funds to house and feed them in punishment. You reduce the available income to the government while requiring an increase of funds expenditures at the same time: a Double hit to the German Economy every time an innocent gardener is persecuted for growing harmless plants in this latest "Witch Hunt" ...

• Tell those Nazis not to attempt to legislate their Christian morals onto your pagan lifestyle, and to find more constructive ways to spend public law enforcement funds: Like spending it to catch Rapists and Murderers maybe?

Tell your lawmakers that Germany NEEDS Safer Anesthetics and new treatments for Alzheimer's and depression and that scare stories are about to make you BAN a Cure for Addictions!

I'll get down off my soapbox now but advise you ALL to write your legislative representatives protesting the loss of your liberties one at a time! Speak up about this freedom: let your voices be collectively heard or shut up and let them drown you out with their false fears ...

Grrrrrrrrrrrr I'm so pissed off about this! Does Germany have no due process to prevent religious persecution or other abuse of official power? Is there no reasonable argument to the self destructive economic policy of warring on Germany's own citizens over a HARMLESS Plant?

Carl McCall - Salvia Researcher.

Der Beitrag wurde bearbeitet von Sea Mac am Feb 13 2008, 08:54 Uhr.

--------------------
Go to the top of the pageProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
post Feb 13 2008, 08:59
Beitragslink: #2

Salvianaut

Gruppe: V.I.P.

QUOTE(Sea Mac @ Feb 13 2008, 08:40)
Grrrrrrrrrrrr I'm so pissed off about this!

I think there's no one on this board who doesn't share your opinions. You run into open doors here.

Actually there were not sooo much media scare tactics here. The decision was made within the responsible governmental groups. The reason which were given are very unclear, e.g. they wrote half a year ago an open response to a request in which they stated that they have no knowlegde whatsoever about the widespread of Salvia divinorum use in Germany; it basically said "we have no idea and don't care a lot for now".
Nevertheless they now tell it's beginning to widespread, that they are possibilities that it may causes psychosis or other "medicinal problems". They haven't presented (or at least) cited yet any scientific proof for their claims. Not even a selfmade statistic. Nothing.

Some guys here call it "the evidence that Germany is not a Rechtsstaat anymore"...

--------------------
QUOTE(acidhead @ May 31 2009, 12:11)
mag vor ein paar jahren mal so gewesen sein, daß die legalen sachen nix getaugt haben, dat is aber heutezutage nicht mehr der fall.
QUOTE(slim @ Jan 10 2008)
wie schwer ist es chillin 99-0 anzupflanzen? wenn das so reinnhaut würd ichs auch noch anpflanzen, neben meinem salvia :)
+Quote Post
post Feb 13 2008, 12:34
Beitragslink: #3

Salvianaut

Yep, nothing to do with TV here. Even our thread gathering newspaper articles about the plant is rather empty.

Letters have already been written at least on the open platform abgeordnetenwatch, where members of the Bundestag answer questions. As of now querists have only been pointed to the «kleine Anfrage der Grünen» (small survey of the green party) Amalgam mentioned, where the only information to be found is that there was nothing known about physical, mental or social harm.

When asked about why a law is passed on behalf of the lack of knowledge, the answer referred to the conclusions of the medical committee, which was summoned for this case. Still no evidence has been produced, though it would be mandatory for the german equivalent of your schedule I.

Sorry for my english, this topic clearly exceeds my vocabulary :/
Glass

Der Beitrag wurde bearbeitet von Glassmoon am Feb 13 2008, 18:03 Uhr.

--------------------
döp!!!11!1 ¡klick mich fett!
QUOTE(erdbeertoertchen @ Jan 17 2011, 23:32)
wikileaks ist terror unso, weil es uns zwingt uns mit sachen auseinanderzusetzen vor denen uns hauptberufliche journalisten zu schützen versuchen.
+Quote Post
post Feb 13 2008, 15:01
Beitragslink: #4

Salvia Kenner

The problem is that the pharmaceutical industry has more influence on the government (through lobbyists) than the citizens whose rights are restricted.
They don't care about the additional costs because the taxpayers pay them at last... mad.gif
+Quote Post
post Feb 13 2008, 20:28
Beitragslink: #5

Salvia Kenner

QUOTE(Glassmoon @ Feb 13 2008, 04:34)
Yep, nothing to do with TV here. Even our thread gathering newspaper articles about the plant is rather empty.

Letters have already been written at least on the open platform abgeordnetenwatch, where members of the Bundestag answer questions. As of now querists have only been pointed to the «kleine Anfrage der Grünen» (small survey of the green party) Amalgam mentioned, where the only information to be found is that there was nothing known about physical, mental or social harm.

When asked about why a law is passed on behalf of the lack of knowledge, the answer referred to the conclusions of the medical committee, which was summoned for this case. Still no evidence has been produced, though it would be mandatory for the german equivalent of your schedule I.

Sorry for my english, this topic clearly exceeds my vocabulary :/
Glass

Your English is understandable: I couldn't have posted that rant in German. I was hoping for some feedback - and I was also hoping to learn a little more about the German process for law making.

I really wanted to title it "TV tells us Illinois Folks what Laws to make!" Since that is apparently what was what happened. TV Scared Ignorant Legislators in Illinois by telling them it was an addictive hallucinogen getting the grade school kids "Hooked" and they promptly Declared it addictive and made it a Felony WITHOUT Doing any research!

Anyone that has RESEARCHED this Plant KNOWS It has NO Addictive potential and it is VERY Plain that Illinois Legislators are not capable of doing ANY research beyond TV sound bites with no Factual Basis!

I AM extremely pleased that Germany will have to PROVE this plant is Dangerous before banning it. The research is VERY Promising for many new medicines to come from this plant and I am going to make sure you people in this forum have enough facts to scream the ignorant fears down.

All I ask is for Salvia to have her fair day in court. Let the Government try to prove harm from this Non-Toxic Plant! Let the Government try to deny that any useful medicines can come from this plant! It Can be proved otherwise! What the German Government needs to realize is that this is an "Adults Only" substance and that restricting sales to Minors is wholly appropriate - but NOT to make criminals out of Law Abiding German gardeners without justification.

Here in California salvia activist activities prevented the California Legislators from making it a Felony in the last year - I myself WROTE Letters Publicly opposing AB259 as it was originally written!

Last year Assemblyman Adams Introduced Assembly Bill AB259 proposing that everyone that touches that plant be declared a dangerous felon. A public outcry followed and the bill did not pass committee but a reconsideration was granted to try again.

I wrote this Letter: http://members.cox.net/sageseeds/ab259.html and Mailed it on Quality Resume paper by certified Mail. I was listed as one of the "Seven Private Citizens" officially opposed to AB259.

And then a Wonderful thing happened: the assemblyman that sponsored the original bill READ the opposition Letters AND DID some RESEARCH! He realized that this ISN'T a Dangerous plant and rewrote the text of AB259: "It shall be a Misdemeanor to provide Salvia to someone under 18".

That passed committee unopposed and is well on it's way to being Section 379 of the California penal code! Any State that has Examined the evidence has concluded this is NOT a Dangerous addictive plant and can find no evidence for any public health hazards associated with it.

But a Few States have passed exactly the Laws the TV set TOLD Them To!

Advocacy has stopped wrongful legislation from being passed in a half dozen states here in the US and has proved that when concerned citizens speak up the justification for making gardeners felons disappears. If no one speaks out then the TV campaigns its sound bites unopposed and does grave economic damage by jailing thousands of innocent gardeners!

I want Germany's laws to follow the states of Maine and California and NOT to follow the lead of the retards in Illinois - where TV Sound bites are all that are needed to pass unjust laws!

So, pardon the aggressive title on this topic: I just wanted to be SURE that everyone spoke up! I will be glad to provide links to the ongoing research so you have knowledge to fight ignorance with!

Der Beitrag wurde bearbeitet von Sea Mac am Feb 13 2008, 20:31 Uhr.

--------------------
+Quote Post
post Feb 13 2008, 20:49
Beitragslink: #6

Salvia Kenner

QUOTE(Sea Mac @ Feb 13 2008, 20:28)
I AM extremely pleased that Germany will have to PROVE this plant is Dangerous before banning it.

The theory says so but in fact there has no research been done as far as i know.
This friday the Bundesrat ist about to finaly decide if Salvia Divinorum (the Plant and Parts of the Plant, NOT Salvinorin) is declared illegal. The Bundestag already did and i don't see why the Bundesrat should turn his mind. This sucks.

--------------------
+Quote Post
post Feb 13 2008, 22:32
Beitragslink: #7

Salvia Kenner

QUOTE(horst2k5 @ Feb 13 2008, 12:49)
I AM extremely pleased that Germany will have to PROVE this plant is Dangerous before banning it.

The theory says so but in fact there has no research been done as far as i know.
This friday the Bundesrat ist about to finaly decide if Salvia Divinorum (the Plant and Parts of the Plant, NOT Salvinorin) is declared illegal. The Bundestag already did and i don't see why the Bundesrat should turn his mind. This sucks.

So: in the name of German fair-mindedness they announce Jan 23rd that they will ban something - allow no public comment to be submitted - and by Feb 15th have it declared illegal with nothing you can do about it?

The evidence that Germany is not a Rechtsstaat anymore is overwhelming: you poor people live in a dictatorship run by committees - and the committees flaunt your powerlessness over them by stealing Germans personal liberties one at a time under your very public noses!

How about this Angle: you form a Legally incorporated "Church of the Green Sacrament" TODAY before they legally declare this plant to be an offense against God - and fight them under the freedom accorded to spiritual practices? Our could your legislators legally ban, say, any German from Worshiping at the Church of England just because it offended them? Does Germany even PRETEND to have freedom of religious practices: the way America does? How can you prevent German committee dictators from banning your spiritual sacraments ESPECIALLY as they cannot prove them harmful?

Why is there no public say on what laws are made by those committees?

What is to prevent them from declaring some thing ELSE they are afraid of to be illegal next: say, like the Jews? How much further behind can the return of the Concentration Camp be if it only takes 3 weeks for "Committee Members" to make up and ram through into law unpopular laws: with no comments allowed by the people? "We say all gardeners of this Plant are now all felons!" "And YOU Have no say about what we say: WE are the Decider's!"

I don't see that as the actions of a "Free Country" - I see you as only having ONE Freedom Left: the Freedom to conform to what your "Government" mandates, or the Freedom to go to Jail for not marching in lockstep with your fellow slaves! "THEY" are in power now and there is no way they will EVER give deciding power BACK to you! And you can't make them ha-ha-ha: you have to obey their every whim!

I'm 3 times more pissed off now than I was when I began this dialog. I want to help - Make me the founder of your church or something: so if they extradite me I'll give them a piece of my mind! (A Very little piece: I don't have much left!) Look for ANY loophole - like a Church or a Research Institute - to found today: so you can FORCE the issue into a hearing or court!

If you can't: you must resign to live happily with your ONE Freedom left!

Der Beitrag wurde bearbeitet von Sea Mac am Feb 13 2008, 22:44 Uhr.

--------------------
+Quote Post
User is offline Sai
post Feb 13 2008, 22:35
Beitragslink: #8

Salvia Fan

All I ask is for Salvia to have her fair day in court. Let the Government try to prove harm from this Non-Toxic Plant! Let the Government try to deny that any useful medicines can come from this plant! It Can be proved otherwise! What the German Government needs to realize is that this is an "Adults Only" substance and that restricting sales to Minors is wholly appropriate - but NOT to make criminals out of Law Abiding German gardeners without justification.

The Paragraph wich is used(abused sad.gif ) to commit ist says:
- Addiction possible
or
- big abuse and danger for the health

Someone else said it, there is a Committee(Pharma community, Physicians community and animal physician community) which speaks to some Members of the goverment.
To adopt the Law it's enough when the committee sais it' dangerous, facts are not necessairy.
But there is a chance to sue against that after it is committed, but before not.

--------------------
o
L _/
OL

This is Schäuble. Copy Schäuble into your signature to help him on his way to Überwachungsstaat.
+Quote Post
post Werbung:
Beitragslink: #0
werbung_avatar

Werbefachmann ;-)

Gruppe: Sponsoren

--------------------

Hinweis: Bitte die jeweilige Gesetzgebung in deinem Land beachten!

"All advertising advertises advertising." ~ Marshall McLuhan
+Quote Post
post Feb 13 2008, 23:23
Beitragslink: #9

Salvia Kenner

There is not much doubt that s.d. will be illegal by the next week but it is another thing how the judges will use this. There is a realistic chance that they will recognize the lack off reasons in the illegalization of s.d.. This whole process has happend almost covered from the public eye. I don't think this is an irreversible one. Someday there will be scientifical studies that proof s.d. is a drug with a minimum of risk when used with responsibility and even those blinded politicians will perceive it .. i hope.

--------------------
+Quote Post
post Feb 14 2008, 00:08
Beitragslink: #10

Salvia Kenner

QUOTE(horst2k5 @ Feb 13 2008, 12:49)

Nonsense! LOTS of research has been done - in English!

Shake This Printed out sheaf of FACTS and Research in their faces on Friday and say "Here are the Facts you PURPOSELY IGNORED: Your 'medical committee' of lobbyist hand picked stooges Could not possibly have had time to review all this research in the 2 weeks you've been at this! Show us the 'research' and the credentials of your secret panel of experts!"

I've found a LOT of research over at http://sagewisdom.org and you should print these and take to the 'hearing' (If there is one)!

Articles from Scientific Journals and Other Publications
(Some of the following files are in PDF format. You'll need the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view them) 

The Botany of  Salvia divinorum  (Labiatae)
by Reisfield AS.  SIDA  15: 349-366 (1993).
This web-optimized version of Reisfield's paper includes lots of great photos.

Salvia divinorum   and Salvinorin A: New Pharmacologic Findings.
by Daniel Siebert.  Journal of Ethnopharmacology.  43: 53–56 (1994). This paper is in PDF format.

Localization of Salvinorin A and Related Compounds in Glandular Trichomes of the Psychoactive Sage,  Salvia divinorum.
by Daniel Siebert.  Annals of Botany  93(6): 763–771 (2004). This paper is in PDF format.[/url]

High Performance Liquid Chromatographic Quantification of Salvinorin A from Tissues of  Salvia divinorum  Epling & Játiva-M.
by Gruber JW, Siebert DJ, Der Marderosian AH, and Hock RS.  Phytochemical Analysis  10(1):22–25 (1999).

Salvinorin A: A Potent Naturally Occurring Nonnitrogenous Kappa Opioid Selective Agonist.
by Roth BL, Baner K, Westkaemper R, Siebert D, Rice KC, Steinberg S, Ernsberger P, and Rothman RB.
  PNAS.  99(18): 11934–11939 (2002). This document is in PDF format.

Supporting information: table 3, table 4, table 5.

Salvinorin A, an Active Component of the Hallucinogenic Sage  Salvia divinorum,  is a Highly Efficacious  Kappa Opioid Receptor Agonist: Structural and Functional Considerations.

by Chavkin C, Sud S, Jin W, Stewart J, Zjawiony JK, Siebert DJ, Toth BA, Hufeisen SJ, and Roth BL.
  The Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics.  308(3): 1197–1203 (2004). This document is in PDF format.

Comparison of Pharmacological Activities of Three Distinct Kappa-Ligands (Salvinorin A, TRK-820 and 3FLB)

on opioid receptors  in vitro  and their antipruritic and antinociceptive activities  in vivo.
by Wang Y, Tang K, Inan S, Siebert DJ, Holzgrabe U, Lee DYW, Huang P, Li JG, Cowan A, and Liu-Chen LY.
  The Journal of Pharmacology And Experimental Therapeutics.  312(1): 220–230 (2005).

2-Methoxymethyl-Salvinorin B is a Potent Kappa Opioid Receptor Agonist with Longer-Lasting Action In Vivo than Salvinorin A.
by Wang Y, Chen Y, Xu W, Lee DY, Ma Z, Rawls SM, Cowan A, Liu-Chen LY.
  The Journal of Pharmacology And Experimental Therapeutics.  [Epub ahead of print December 18, 2007].

The Hallucinogenic Herb  Salvia divinorum  and Its Active Ingredient Salvinorin A Inhibit Enteric Cholinergic Transmission in the Guinea Pig Ileum.
by Capasso R, Borrelli F, Capasso F, Siebert DJ, Stewart DJ, Zjawiony JK, Izzo AA.
  Neurogastroenterology and Motility.  18: 69–75 (2006).

The Hallucinogenic Herb  Salvia divinorum  and Its Active Ingredient Salvinorin A Reduce Inflammation-Induced Hypermotility in Mice.
by Capasso R, Borrelli F, Zjawiony J, Kutrzeba L, Aviello G, Sarnelli G, Capasso F, Izzo AA.
  Neurogastroenterology and Motility.  [Epub ahead of print Sep 4, 2007].

Antinociceptive and Hypothermic Effects of Salvinorin A are Abolished in a Novel Strain of KOR-1 KO Mice.
by Ansonoff MA, Zhang J, Czyzyk T, Rothman RB, Stewart J, Xu H, Zjwiony J, Siebert DJ, Yang F, Roth BL, Pintar JE.
  The Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics.  318(2): 641-648 (2006).

Daniel Siebert Speaks…
Interviewed by Will Beifuss.  The Entheogen Review.  Vol. 8 No. 3, Autumn 1999.

The History of the First  Salvia divinorum  Plants Cultivated Outside of Mexico.
by Daniel Siebert.  The Entheogen Review.  Vol. 12 No. 4, Winter 2003.  

Salvinorin A: The ‘Magic Mint’ Hallucinogen Finds a Molecular Target in the Kappa Opioid Receptor.
by Sheffler DJ and Roth BL.  Trends in Pharmacological Sciences.  Vol.24 No.3 March 2003. This review article is in PDF format.

Salvinorin A: A Novel and Highly Selective Kappa-Opioid Receptor Agonist.
by Yan F and Roth BL.  Life Sciences.  Vol.75 No.22 (2004). This review article is in PDF format.

Salvinorin A: From Natural Product to Human Therapeutics.
by Vortherms TA and Roth BL.  Molecular Interventions.  Vol.6 No.5 (2006). This review article is in PDF format.

Differential Helical Orientations Among Related G Protein-Coupled Receptors Provide a Novel Mechanism for Selectivity:

Studies with Salvinorin A and the Kappa-Opioid Receptor.
by Vortherms TA, Mosier PD, Westkaemper RB, Roth BL. 
Journal of Biological Chemistry.  282(5): 3146–3156 (2007). This paper is in PDF format.

Acute Physiologic and Chronic Histologic Changes in Rats and Mice Exposed to the Unique Hallucinogen Salvinorin A.

by Mowry M, Mosher M, Briner W.  Journal of Psychoactive Drugs.  35(3): 379–382 (2003). This paper is in PDF format.

The Plant-Derived Hallucinogen, Salvinorin A, Produces Kappa-Opioid Agonist-like Discriminative Effects in Rhesus Monkeys.
by Butelman E, Harris T, and Kreek MJ.  Psychopharmacology (Berl).  172(2): 220–224 (2004). This paper is in PDF format.

Effects of Salvinorin A, a Kappa-Opioid Hallucinogen, on a Neuroendocrine Biomarker Assay
in Nonhuman Primates With High Kappa-Receptor Homology to Humans.
by Butelman ER, Mandau M, Tidgewell K, Prisinzano TE, Yuferov V, Kreek MJ. 
Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics.  320(1): 300–306 (2007). This paper is in PDF format.

A New Species of  Salvia  from Mexico.
by Carl Epling and Carlos D. Játiva–M.  Botanical Museum Leaflets Harvard University  (1962).

A New Mexican Psychotropic Drug From the Mint Family.
by R. Gordon Wasson.  Botanical Museum Leaflets Harvard University  (1962).

Notes on the Present Status of Ololiuhqui and the Other Hallucinogens of Mexico.
by R. Gordon Wasson.  Botanical Museum Leaflets Harvard University  (1963).

A Mazatec girl preparing  Salvia divinorum  leaves on a  metate .
Photo taken in 1962 by R. Gordon Wasson.

In Search of the Magic Plant " Ska Maria Pastora "
in the Mazatec Country.

by Albert Hofmann. From:   LSD: My Problem Child   (1979).

Salvinorin, A New  trans -Neoclerodane Diterpene from  Salvia divinorum  (Labiatae).
by Ortega A, Blount JF, Manchand PS.  Journal of the Chemical Society Perkins Transactions I  (1982). This document is in PDF format.

Ethnopharmacology of Ska Maria Pastora ( Salvia divinorum , Epling and Játiva-M.).
by L.J. Valdés J III,  et al.   Journal of Ethnopharmacology  (1983).

Etnofarmacologia di Ska Maria Pastora ( Salvia divinorum,  Epling and Játiva-M.) An Italian translation of the above.

Divinorin A, a Psychotropic Terpenoid, and Divinorin B from the Hallucinogenic Mexican Mint,  Salvia divinorum .
by L.J. Valdés III,  et al.   Journal of Organic Chemistry  (1984).

Loliolide from  Salvia divinorum .
by L.J. Valdés III.  Journal of Natural Products  (1986).

Studies of  Salvia divinorum  (Lamiaceae), an Hallucinogenic Mint from the Sierra Mazateca in Oaxaca, Central Mexico.
by L.J. Valdés III,  et al.   Economic Botany  (1987).

Salvia divinorum  and the Unique Diterpene Hallucinogen, Salvinorin (Divinorin) A.
by L.J. Valdés III.  Journal of Psychoactive Drugs  (1994).

"Divinorin C," a New Neoclerodane Diterpene from a Bioactive TLC Fraction of  Salvia divinorum.
Lab notes from the desk of L. J. Valdés III.  The  Salvia divinorum  Research and Information Center  (2000).

Salvinorin C, a New Neoclerodane Diterpene from a Bioactive Fraction of the Hallucinogenic Mexican Mint  Salvia divinorum.
by L.J. Valdés III,  et al.   Organic Letters  (2001).

The Early History of  Salvia divinorum.
by L. J. Valdés III.  The Entheogen Review  (2001) X(2): [73-75]

Some photos of  Salvia divinorum  from the  Sierra Mazateca. by L.J. Valdés III

The Absolute Stereochemistry of Salvinorins. Also available in PDF format here.
by Koreeda, M.,  et al.   Chemistry Letters  (1990).

Kappa-Opioid Receptor-Mediated Effects of the Plant-Derived Hallucinogen, Salvinorin A, on Inverted Screen Performance in the Mouse.
by Fantegrossi WE, Kugle KM, Valdιs LJ III, Koreeda M, Woods JH.   Behavioural pharmacology.  16(8): 627-633 (2005). This document is in PDF format.

Salvinorins D-F, New Neoclerodane Diterpenoids from  Salvia divinorum,  and an Improved Method for the Isolation of Salvinorin A.
And supporting information. by Munro TA, Rizzacasa MA.   Journal of Natural Products.  66(5): 703-705 (2003). These two documents are in PDF format.

Divinatorins A-C, New Neoclerodane Diterpenoids from the Controlled Sage  Salvia divinorum. And supporting information.
by Bigham AK, Munro TA, Rizzacasa MA, Robins-Browne RM.
  Journal of Natural Products.  66(9): 1242-1244 (2003). These two documents are in PDF format.

Studies Toward the Pharmacophore of Salvinorin A, a Potent Kappa Opioid Receptor Agonist.
And supporting information.by Munro T, Rizzacasa M, Roth BL, Toth B, Yan F
  Journal of Medicinal Chemistry.  48(2): 345–348 (2005). This document is in PDF format.

Autoxidation of Salvinorin A under Basic Conditions.
And supporting information.by Munro T, Goetchius G, Roth BL, Vortherms T, Rizzacasa M.
  Journal of Organic Chemistry.  70(24): 10057-10061 (2005). This document is in PDF format.

8- epi -Salvinorin B: Crystal Structure and Affinity at the Kappa Opioid Receptor.
by Munro TA, Duncan KK, Staples RJ, Xu W, Liu-Chen LY, Beguin C, Carlezon WA Jr, Cohen BM.
  Beilstein Journal of Organic Chemistry.  Epub ahead of print (2007). This document is in PDF format.

The Chemistry of  Salvia divinorum.
by Thomas Munro. PhD dissertation. This is a large (283 pages - 6.32 MB) document, in PDF format.

Standard Protecting Groups Create Potent and Selective Kappa Opioids: Salvinorin B Alkoxymethyl Ethers
by Munro TA, Duncan KK, Xu W, Wang Y, Liu-Chen LY, Carlezon WA Jr, Cohen BM, Beguin C.
  Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry.  [Epub ahead of print October 24, 2007]. This document is in PDF format.

Antidepressant Effects of the Herb  Salvia divinorum:  a Case Report.

by Karl R. Hanes, PhD.  Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology  (2001).

Salvia divinorum:  Clinical and Research Potential.
by Hanes KR.  MAPS Bulletin  13(1): 18–20 (2003). This paper is in PDF format.

Salvia divinorum  and Salvinorin A: An Update on Pharmacology and Analytical Methodology.
by Grundmann O, Phipps SM, Zadezensky I, Butterweck V.
  Planta Medica  73(10): 1039–1046 (2007). This paper is in PDF format.

Use of Nonprohibited Hallucinogenic Plants: Increasing Relevance for Public Health?  A case report and literature review on the consumption of  Salvia divinorum  (Diviner's Sage).
by Bόcheler R, Gleiter CH, Schwoerer P, and Gaertner I.
Pharmacopsychiatry. 38(1): 1–5 (2005). This paper is in PDF format.

A Facile Method for the Preparation of Deuterium Labeled Salvinorin A: Synthesis of [2,2,2-<SUP>2</SUP>H<SUB>3</SUB>]-Salvinorin A
by Kevin Tidgewell, Wayne W. Harding, Mark Schmidt, Kenneth G. Holden, Daryl J. Murry, and Thomas E. Prisinzano.
  Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters.  14(20): 5099-5102 (2004). This document is in PDF format.

Salvinicins A and B, New Neoclerodane Diterpenes from  Salvia divinorum.
by Harding WW, Tidgewell K, Schmidt M, Shah K, Dersch CM, Snyder J, Parrish D, Deschamps JR, Rothman RB, Prisinzano TE.
  Organic Letters.  7(14): 3017–3020 (2005). This document is in PDF format.

Neoclerodane Diterpenes as a Novel Scaffold for Mu Opioid Receptor Ligands.
by Harding WW, Tidgewell K, Byrd N, Cobb H, Dersch CM, Butelman ER, Rothman RB, Prisinzano TE.
  Journal of Medicinal Chemistry.  48(15): 4765–4771 (2005). This document is in PDF format.

An Opioid Agonist That Does Not Induce Mu-Opioid Receptor–Arrestin Interactions or Receptor Internalization.
by Groer CE, Tidgewell K, Moyer RA, Harding WW, Rothman RB, Prisinzano TE, Bohn LM.
  Molecular Pharmacology.  71(2): 549–557 (2007). This document is in PDF format.

Salvinorin A: Allosteric Interactions at the Mu-Opioid Receptor.
by Rothman RB, Murphy DL, Xu H, Godin JA, Dersch CM, Partilla JS, Tidgewell K, Schmidt M, Prisinzano TE.
  Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics.  320(2): 801–810 (2007). This document is in PDF format.

Determination of Salvinorin A in Body Fluids by High Performance Liquid Chromatography-Atmospheric Pressure Chemical Ionization.
by Schmidt MS, Prisinzano TE, Tidgewell K, Harding W, Butelman ER, Kreek MJ, and Murry DJ.
  Journal of Chromatography. B.  818(2): 221–225 (2005). This document is in PDF format.

Pharmacokinetics of the Plant-Derived Kappa-Opioid Hallucinogen Salvinorin A in Nonhuman Primates.

by Schmidt MD, Schmidt MS, Butelman ER, Harding WW, Tidgewell K, Murry DJ, Kreek MJ, Prisinzano TE.
  Synapse.  58(3): 208–210 (2005). This document is in PDF format.

Psychopharmacology of the Hallucinogenic Sage  Salvia divinorum.

by Prisinzano TE.
  Life Sciences.  78(5): 527-531 (2005). This document is in PDF format.

Synthetic Studies of Neoclerodane Diterpenes from  Salvia divinorum:  Semisynthesis of Salvinicins A and B  and Other Chemical Transformations of Salvinorin A.

by Harding WW, Schmidt M, Tidgewell K, Kannan P, Holden KG, Gilmour B, Navarro H, Rothman RB, Prisinzano TE.
  Journal of Natural Products.  69(1): 107–112 (2006). This document is in PDF format.

Synthetic Studies of Neoclerodane Diterpenes from  Salvia divinorum:  Selective Modification of the Furan Ring.

by Harding WW, Schmidt M, Tidgewell K, Kannan P, Holden KG, Dersch CM, Rothman RB, Prisinzano TE.
  Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters.  16(12): 3170–3174. This document is in PDF format.

Synthesis of Salvinorin A Analogues as Opioid Receptor Probes.

by Tidgewell K, Harding WW, Lozama A, Cobb H, Shah K, Kannan P, Dersch CM, Parrish D, Deschamps JR, Rothman RB, Prisinzano TE.
  Journal of Natural Products.  69(6): 914–918 (2006). This document is in PDF format.

Synthetic Studies of Neoclerodane Diterpenes from  Salvia divinorum:  Preparation and Opioid Receptor Activity of Salvinicin Analogues.

by Simpson DS, Katavic PL, Lozama A, Harding WW, Parrish D, Deschamps JR, Dersch CM, Partilla JS, Rothman RB, Navarro H, Prisinzano TE.
  Journal of Medicinal Chemistry.  [ePublished ahead of print Jun 20, 2007]. This document is in PDF format.

Synthetic Studies of Neoclerodane Diterpenes from  Salvia divinorum:  Exploration of the 1-Position.

by Holden KG, Tidgewell K, Marquam A, Rothman RB, Navarro H, Prisinzano TE.
  Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters.  . 17(22): 6111–6115 (2008). This document is in PDF format.

Neo-clerodane Diterpenes from the Hallucinogenic Sage  Salvia divinorum.
And errata. by Shirota O, Nagamatsu K, Sekita S.

Journal of Natural Products.  69(12): 1782–1786. (2006). This document is in PDF format.

Asymmetric Synthesis of Salvinorin A, a Potent Kaapa Opioid Receptor Agonist.
by Scheerer JR, Lawrence JF, Wang GC, Evans DA.

Supporting information here (4 MB file).
  Journal of the American Chemical Society.  [ePublished ahead of print June 30, 2007]. This document is in PDF format.

Quantification of the Plant-Derived Hallucinogen Salvinorin A in Conventional and Non-Conventional Biological Fluids  by gas chromatography/mass spectrometry after  Salvia divinorum  smoking.

by Pichini S, Abanades S, Farre M, Pellegrini M, Marchei E, Pacifici R, Torre RD, and Zuccaro P.
  Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry.  19(12): 1649–1656 (2005). This paper is in PDF format.

Synthesis and In Vitro Pharmacological Evaluation of Salvinorin A Analogues Modified at C(2).
by Beguin C, Richards MR, Wang Y, Chen Y, Liu-Chen LY, Ma Z, Lee DY, Carlezon WA Jr, and Cohen BM.
  Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters.  15(11): 2761–2765 (2005). This document is in PDF format.

Synthesis and In Vitro Pharmacological Studies of New C(2) Modified Salvinorin A Analogues.
by Lee DY, Karnati VV, He M, Liu-Chen LY, Kondareti L, Ma Z, Wang Y, Chen Y, Beguin C, Carlezon WA Jr, Cohen B.
  Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters.  15(16): 3744–3747 (2005). This document is in PDF format.

Synthesis and In Vitro Pharmacological Studies of C(4) Modified Salvinorin A Analogues.
by Lee DY, He M, Kondaveti L, Liu-Chen LY, Ma Z, Wang Y, Chen Y, Li JG, Beguin C, Carlezon WA Jr, Cohen B.
  Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters.  Jul 25, 2005 [Epub ahead of print]. This document is in PDF format.

New Neoclerodane Diterpenoids Isolated From the Leaves of  Salvia divinorum  and Their Binding Affinities for Human Kappa Opioid Receptors.

by Lee DY, Ma Z, Liu-Chen LY, Wang Y, Chen Y, Carlezon WA Jr, Cohen B.
  Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters.  Aug 3, 2005 [Epub ahead of print]. This document is in PDF format.

Synthesis and In Vitro Pharmacological Studies of New C(4)-Modified Salvinorin A Analogues.
by Lee DY, He M, Liu-Chen LY, Wang Y, Li JG, Xu W, Ma Z, Carlezon WA Jr, Cohen B

Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters.  16(21): 5498–5502 (2006). This document is in PDF format.

Depressive-like Effects of the Kappa-Opioid Receptor Agonist Salvinorin A on Behavior and Neurochemistry in Rats.
by Carlezon Jr WA, Beguin C, Dinieri JA, Baumann MH, Richards MR, Todtenkopf MS, Rothman RB, Ma Z, Lee DY, Cohen BM.
  Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics.  316(1): 440–447 (2006). This document is in PDF format.

Synthesis and In Vitro Evaluation of Salvinorin A Analogues: Effect of Configuration at C(2) and Substitution at C(18).
by Beguin C, Richards MR, Li JG, Wang Y, Xu W, Liu-Chen LY, Carlezon WA Jr, Cohen BM.
  Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters.  16(17): 4679–4685 (2006). This document is in PDF format.

N-Methylacetamide Analogue of Salvinorin A: A Highly Potent and Selective Kappa Opioid Receptor Agonist with Oral Efficacy.
by Beguin C, Potter DN, Dinieri JA, Munro TA, Richards MR, Paine TA, Berry L, Zhao Z, Roth BL, Xu W, Liu-Chen LY, Carlezon Jr WA, Cohen BM.
  The Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics.  324(1): 188–195 (2008). This document is in PDF format.

Exposure to the Selective Kappa-Opioid Receptor Agonist Salvinorin A Modulates the Behavioral and Molecular Effects of Cocaine in Rats.

by Chartoff EH, Potter D, Damez-Werno D, Cohen BM, Carlezon WA Jr
  Neuropsychopharmacology.  [Epub ahead of print Jan 9, 2008]. This paper is in PDF format.

Identification of the Molecular Mechanisms by Which the Diterpenoid Salvinorin A Binds to Kappa-Opioid Receptors.
by Yan F, Mosier PD, Westkaemper RB, Stewart J, Zjawiony JK, Vortherms TA, Sheffler DJ, Roth BL.
  Biochemistry.  44(24): 8643–8651 (2005). This document is in PDF format.

Unambiguous NMR Spectral Assignments of Salvinorin A.
by Giner JL, Kiemle DJ, Kutrzeba L, Zjawiony J.
  Magnetic Resonance in Chemistry.  45(4): 351–354 (2007). This document is in PDF format.

Biosynthesis of Salvinorin A Proceeds via The Deoxyxylulose Phosphate Pathway.
by Kutrzeba L, Dayan FE, Howell J, Feng J, Giner JL, Zjawiony JK.
  Phytochemistry.  68(14): 1872–1881 (2007). This document is in PDF format.

Convenient synthesis and in vitro pharmacological activity of 2-thioanalogs of salvinorins A and B.
by Bikbulatov RV, Yan F, Roth BL, Zjawiony JK.
  Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters.  17(8): 2229–2232 (2007). This document is in PDF format.

Short Synthesis of a Novel Class of Salvinorin A Analogs with Hemiacetalic Structure.

by Bikbulatov RV, Stewart J, Jin W, Yan F, Roth BL, Ferreira D, Zjawiony JK.
  Tetrahedron Letters.  49: 937–940 (2008). This document is in PDF format.

Studies Towards the Synthesis of Salvinorin A.
by Lingham AR, Hόgel HM, Rook TJ.

Australian Journal of Chemistry.  59(5): 340–348 (2006). This document is in PDF format.

Determination of Salvinorins and Divinatorins in  Salvia divinorum  Leaves by Liquid Chromatography/Multistage Mass Spectrometry.
by Medana C, Massolino C, Pazzi M, Baiocchi C.

Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry.  20(2): 131–136 (2005). This document is in PDF format.

Analysis of the Psychoactive Terpenoid Salvinorin A Content in Five  Salvia divinorum  Herbal Products..
by Wolowich WR, Perkins AM, Cienki JJ.

Pharmacotherapy.  26(9): 1268–1272(2006). This document is in PDF format.

The Antinociceptive Effect of Salvinorin A in Mice.
by Trentini, John F., Larry G. French, and Joseph S. Erlichman.
  European Journal of Pharmacology.  545 (2–3): 129–133 (2006). This document is in PDF format.

Antinociceptive Profile of Salvinorin A, a Structurally Unique Kappa Opioid Receptor Agonist.
by McCurdy CR, Sufka KJ, Smith GH, Warnick JE, Nieto MJ.
  Pharmacology, Biochemistry, and Behavior.  [Epub ahead of print Jan 20, 2006]. This document is in PDF format.

A Unique Binding Epitope for Salvinorin A, a Non-Nitrogenous Kappa Opioid Receptor Agonist.
by Kane BE, Nieto MJ, McCurdy CR, Ferguson DM.
  FEBS Journal.  273(9): 1966–1974 (2006). This document is in PDF format.

A Combined Ligand-Based and Target-Based Drug Design Approach for G-Protein Coupled Receptors:
Application to Salvinorin A, a Selective Kappa Opioid Receptor Agonist.
by Singh N, Chev&eacute; G, Ferguson DM, McCurdy CR.
  Journal of Computer-Aided Molecular Design.  20(7–8): 471–493 (2006). This document is in PDF format.

The Hallucinogen Derived from  Salvia divinorum,  Salvinorin A, has κ-Opioid Agonist Discriminative Stimulus Effects in Rats.
by Willmore-Fordham CB, Krall DM, McCurdy CR, Kinder DH.
  Neuropharmacology.  53(4): 481–486 (2007). This document is in PDF format.

Discriminative Stimulus Effects of 1-(2,5-dimethoxy-4-methylphenyl)-2-aminopropane (DOM) in Rhesus Monkeys.
by Li JX, Rice KC, France CP.
  Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics.  [Epub ahead of print Novevember 9, 2007]. This document is in PDF format.

Intramolecular Diels-Alder/Tsuji Allylation Assembly of the Functionalized Trans-Decalin of Salvinorin A.

by Burns AC, Forsyth CJ.
  Organic Letters.  10(1): 97–100 (2008). This document is in PDF format.

PCR and PCR-RFLP of the 5S-rRNA-NTS Region and Salvinorin A Analyses for the Rapid and Unequivocal Determination of  Salvia divinorum.
by Bertea CM, Luciano P, Bossi S, Leoni F, Baiocchi C, Medana C, Azzolin CM, Temporale G, Lombardozzi MA, Maffei ME.

Phytochemistry.  67(4): 371–378 (2006). This document is in PDF format.

Authentication and Ultra Performance Liquid Chromatography (UPLC)/MS Analysis of Magic Mint,  Salvia divinorum  and Its Related Plants.
by Maruyama T, Kamakura H, Kikura-Hanajiri R, Goda Y.

Yakugaku Zasshi.  128(1): 179–183 (2008). This document is in PDF format.

Hallucinatory and Rewarding Effect of Salvinorin A in Zebrafish: Kappa-Opioid and CB1-Cannabinoid Receptor Involvement.
by Braida D, Limonta V, Pegorini S, Zani A, Guerini-Rocco C, Gori E, Sala M.
  Psychopharmacology.  190(4): 441–448 (2007). This document is in PDF format.

Involvement of Kappa-Opioid and Endocannabinoid System on Salvinorin A-Induced Reward.
by Braida D, Limonta V, Capurro V, Fadda P, Rubino T, Mascia P, Zani A, Gori E, Fratta W, Parolaro D, Sala M.
  Biological Psychiatry.  63(3): 286–292 (2008). This document is in PDF format.

Ethnopharmacognosy and Human Pharmacology of  Salvia divinorum  and Salvinorin A.
by Jonathan Ott.  Curare . 18(1): 103-129 (1995).

Psychoactive Card IV.  Salvia divinorum  Epling et Játiva: Leaves of the Shepherdess.
by Jonathan Ott. Eleusis, n. 4, pp. 31-39, 1996.

Scheda Psicoattiva IV.  Salvia divinorum  Epling et Játiva: Foglie della Pastora An Italian translation of the above.

Dose-Response Effects of Salvinorin A on Basal Dopamine Levels in the Caudate Putamen of C57BL/6J Mice.  by Zhang Y, Butelman ER, Schlussman SD, Ho A, Kreek MJ.

Effects of the Plant-Derived Hallucinogen Salvinorin A on Basal Dopamine Levels in the Caudate Putamen  and in a Conditioned Place Aversion Assay in Mice: Agonist Actions at Kappa Opioid Receptors.
Zhang et al.  Psychopharmacology (Berl).  179(3): 551–558 (2005). This paper is in PDF format.

A Select Set of Opioid Ligands Induce Up-Regulation by Promoting the Maturation

and Stability of the Rat Kappa Opioid Receptor in Human Embryonic Kidney 293 Cells.

by Wannemacher KM, Yadav PN, Howells RD.
  Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapies.  [Epub ahead of print Aug 24, 2007]. This paper is in PDF format.

Pharmacological Characterization of the Novel Kappa Opioid Agonist Salvinorin A in the Mouse  This study demonstrates that salvinorin A is active in vivo at kappa opioid receptors.

Use of  Salvia divinorum,  an Unscheduled Hallucinogenic Plant: A Web-Based Survey of 500 Users.  This survey characterized the reasons, methods, and reported consequences of  Salvia divinorum  use.

Pattern of Use and Subjective Effects of  Salvia divinorum  Among Recreational Users.  by Gonz&#225lez D, Riba J, Bouso JC, G&#243mez-Jarabo G, Barbanoj MJ.    Drug and Alcohol Dependence.  85(2): 157–162 (2006). This paper is in PDF format.

Salvia divinorum –Prësenz einer neuen
Droge im Internet. [ Salvia divinorum —Representation of a New Drug in the Internet.]
  [Abstract in English and German. Article in German only].  by Siemann H, Specka M, Schifano F, Deluca P, Scherbaum N.    Gesundheitswesen.  68(5): 323–327 (2006). This paper is in PDF format.

Internet Access to  Salvia divinorum:  Implications for Policy, Prevention, and Treatment.
         by Hoover V, Marlowe DB, Patapis NS, Festinger DS, Forman RF.    Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment.  [Epub ahead of print Oct 9, 2007]. This paper is in PDF format.

College student use of  Salvia divinorum.
         by Lange JE, Reed MB, Croff JM, Clapp JD.
           Drug and Alcohol Dependence.  [Epub ahead of print Dec 17, 2007]. This paper is in PDF format.

Salvia divinorum  Epling et Játiva-M. (Labiatae):  An Ethnopharmacological Investigation.
by Sherry A. Rovinsky.  McNair Scholarly Review  (1998).

Salvia divinorum:  An Hallucinogenic Mint Which Might Become a New Recreational Drug in Switzerland.
Giroud et al.  Forensic Science International.  112(2–3): 143–150 (2000). This paper is in PDF format.

Salvinorin: The Psychedelic Essence of  Salvia divinorum . An extraordinary book by D.M.Turner (1996).

The Mushrooms of Language by Henry Munn. This essay provides valuable insight into the Mazatec shamanic world. 

NovaScreen® receptor selectivity report on salvinorin-A.

Sage Wisdom:  Salvia divinorum  Branches Out. by Robert Campbell. An article from TRP Magazine (1997).

Cultivating Diviner's Sage by Will Beifuss. An article from TRP Magazine (1997).

Under the Spell of the Magic Mint. by Christopher Ketcham. Published in  GQ  magazine. June, 2007.

If they said there was NO RESEARCH then they LIED To You! Just like "They have Weapons of Mass Destruction!" tell them ANYTHING to get your way!

Take some printed facts and ask to compare them with the 'facts' THEY used "to be sure they had the complete set"!

Or are ALL laws in Germany made by committee, behind closed doors, with secret panels of "experts" they hand picked themselves? Where in this process do the people have their say? Only in the first 3 hours after they announce their intent? After that they go "Too Late! You can't submit any more evidence now!"

Somebody wanna explain to me how any of this process can be equated with freedom? I'm righteously pissed off now! devil.png

Best Regards, Carl P. McCall - Salvia Researcher.

Der Beitrag wurde bearbeitet von Sea Mac am Feb 14 2008, 00:19 Uhr.

--------------------
+Quote Post
post Feb 14 2008, 11:38
Beitragslink: #11

Salvia Kenner

QUOTE(Sea Mac @ Feb 14 2008, 00:08)
Take some printed facts and ask to compare them with the 'facts' THEY used "to be sure they had the complete set"!

They used no facts, just speculations. (sabine bätzing admittet that there were no scientifical cognitions available to them)
I think none of the persons involved in this whole process is really interested in it. They see the potentest halluzinogen .. wow must be dangerous. Then there is no real lobby (the underestimate us a bit devil.png ), so whatever.. shit on the facts, we don't wanna know them anyways.

--------------------
+Quote Post
post Feb 14 2008, 19:22
Beitragslink: #12

Salvianaut

Hello Sea Mac,
I think I overly simplified the process of decision making in favor of my own opinion, especially as I need quite a while to look up some terms that don't translate that easily.

The committee consists of medical experts, that advises the Bundestag in medical matters. The pharmacologists, pharmaceutical committee of the german medical fraternity(?), pharmacists, researchers and the German Association of the pharmaceutical Industry are to evaluate in matters which usually exceed the knowledge of the members of the Bundestag and make recommendations. The Committee has to be heard when substances are to be scheduled to prevent arbitraryness and laws based on hearsay. In this case this process obviously failed.

Then we have the Drogenbeautragte, who's job is to prevent drug abuse by clarification, gather statistics and advise the Bundestag in drug matters. The Drogenbeauftragte may have enforced the evaluation of Salvia Divinorum by the committee, but she doesn't seem to know on what basis the recommendations were made and her answers on abgeordnetenwatch.de are ambiguous. Her statements are pretty general, and as the recommendation consists of a lot of changes within the BtMG (Controlled (narcotic) Substances Schedule) the draft is not too easy to read for a layman. Needless to say the draft doesnt elaborate on the facts on which the decisions are based. So we're still in the dark, only theorising about possible clauses that could have been used to effectively outlaw the plant Salvia Divinorum.

The whole process is even more complex then that, created to protect the civilians against the state, involving independent authorities. But the range of experts obviously didn't include members with reasonable knowledge about Salvia. Not even the active substance, Salvinorin A, has been banned, which would be even more complicated. My guess is, that Salvia was rather marginally put into the schedule.

Glass

Der Beitrag wurde bearbeitet von Glassmoon am Feb 14 2008, 19:23 Uhr.

--------------------
döp!!!11!1 ¡klick mich fett!
QUOTE(erdbeertoertchen @ Jan 17 2011, 23:32)
wikileaks ist terror unso, weil es uns zwingt uns mit sachen auseinanderzusetzen vor denen uns hauptberufliche journalisten zu schützen versuchen.
+Quote Post
post Feb 14 2008, 22:55
Beitragslink: #13

Spiderpig

Gruppe: V.I.P.

Hi Sea Mac,

thanks for your sympathies. This Salvia thing is really stupid.

The dangerousness of a Substance ore a Plant must be evidenced based on scientifically proven Facts to make it illegal. Thats right but take a look on the official reasons our Government argues.

Salvia divinorum EPLING et JÁTIVA (Zauber-
oder Aztekensalbei) enthält Inhaltsstoffe vom Typ Neoclerodanditerpene, von denen einige zu
den stärksten im Pflanzenreich existenten psychoaktiven Substanzen gehören. Der Konsum
solcher biogenen Drogen kann zu schweren Bewusstseinsveränderungen, Psychosen und
anderen gesundheitlichen Störungen führen. Wegen des Gefährdungspotenzials, der Berichte
über Missbrauchsfälle, der wachsenden Internetpräsenz der Droge und des zunehmenden
Konsumentenkreises ist eine Unterstellung unter das BtMG geboten.

I cant translate this in a proper way but this means that Salvia contains Diterpene and some Diterpene can cause mental damage. Not one word about the dangerousness of SD, only about the substance class.

Thats ridiculous but nothing against the second Argument.

The rising Internet presence.

Sea Mac, believe it or not. The Internet presence of Salvia Diviorum is dangerous enough to make it illegal here in Germany.
I have never heard such a Bullshit before. angry_talking.gif

Its the official text of a law.

QUOTE(Sea Mac)
I've found a LOT of research over at http://sagewisdom.org and you should print these and take to the 'hearing' (If there is one)!

There is no hearing. We People here have no chance for any influence. The bills are secret here and if needed the Names of the Members of the expert Groups too.

QUOTE(Sea Mac)
Nonsense! LOTS of research has been done - in English!

We all know this. The Problem is that all of our politicians (corruptionist) will follow the dictatorship of the pharmaceutical industry Lobby.

--------------------
Be fucking nice
+Quote Post
post Feb 16 2008, 13:01
Beitragslink: #14

Salvianaut

Thank you very much for your support. You say:

The evidence that Germany is not a Rechtsstaat anymore is overwhelming: you poor people live in a dictatorship run by committees - and the committees flaunt your powerlessness over them by stealing Germans personal liberties one at a time under your very public noses!

and I have to agree that germans don't live in a "Rechtsstaat" anymore. There is more and more evidence, that germany (and europe) is drifting towards a facist bueraucracy, a "Präventivstaat" with strong surveillance tendencies. For instance, the so called "Vorratsdatenspeicherung" makes it possible to trace back your communication for up to 6 months.

For more info: http://www.vorratsdatenspeicherung.de/cont...w/46/1/lang,en/

This law can and will be used against drug users..the law states, that even the slightest misdeamor is enough to trace back your telecommunication.

But it's more a global problem, I'm afraid. The US also shows strong signs of facism..blackwater, police brutality, illegal wars...voting fraud and the list goes on.

THE DIFFERENCE BTWEEN THE US AND GERMANY

..is, that Civil right groups seem to be very weak compared to the united states. There's a movement against the surveillance state, but it's not strong enough to hinder illegal lawmaking. The german mentality:

"Accept everything bad as fate, grumble afterwards and carry on with your daily chores"

Maybe this is because of the hitler dictatorship....."We failed to prevent hitler, so what can we do now? Nothing!"

And in fact, the german gouvernment is far away from sanity, tossing out stupid ideas every day (if you can read german, I can recommend you heise.de).

It's good to get some outisde views ..so thank you very much for your posting!

--------------------
Wer es noch nicht gerafft hat: Ich hiess früher mal lalrettich

(wow)
+Quote Post
post Feb 16 2008, 15:00
Beitragslink: #15

Salvia Meister

Aus: die Maus

Thank your for your sympathy.
The prohibition of Salvia Divinorum is just a small piece of repression here in germany. There is the already mentioned "vorratsdatenspeicherung" where every german who uses any kind of telecommunication is an potential criminal for the government and therebye will be monitored. First they explained this law with their beloved "danger of terrorism" and children pornographie. Now it shall be against criminals in general.
There also are politicians who say in public that they would break the constitution if necessary and stay in office! angry_talking.gif
The citizen becomes more and more subspicious for the government. A few weeks ago there was a chain of more than 200 house searches because this people bought things like lamps and ventilation that are used for mariuhana growing online!
The signs point to an surveillance state... sick.png
Well, as soon as I get problems for something like Salvia I'll pay my taxes in another country...

greeting from the oligarchy germany sad.gif
+Quote Post

2 Seiten  1 2 >
Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

4 Besucher zu diesem Thema (Gäste: 4 | Anonyme Besucher: 0)
Mitglieder: 0 |

stats
Aktuelles Datum: 28th March 2024 - 22:15

Linux powered Lighttpd Wir respektieren deine Privatsphäre. Keine IP-Speicherung! Stoppt die Vorratsdatenspeicherung!